THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
I needed something besides bbq this weekend and decided to do some kebabs. I took some chicken and pork and marinated them in chimichurri sauce overnight. I chopped up some red and green bell peppers, cremini mushrooms and vidalia onions for the skewers too. I originally wanted to marinate the veggies as well but I didn't make enough of the sauce. Instead I basted them while they were cooking with a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, chile powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.

We served the kabobs with a little yellow rice and man, they were awesome. I should have taken a picture of them because they were beautiful. I don't think I've ever had pork that tender and the chicken was awesome too. I'm glad I didn't marinate the vegetables because I think it would've been too much. They were nice the way they were.

The only thing I would do different would be to cut back a little on the time the meat was marinating. It was in there from 10 at night until 5 the next day. That was a bit too much for these small chunks of meat. I think 8 hrs would have been fine.

I got the chimichurri recipe from Food Network. Good chit Maynard!

• 6 cloves garlic
  • 3 fresh bay leaves
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped oregano leaves
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
Put everything in a food processor or blender (I recommend the blender) and process until smooth.

I made that one once, it was really good. Im not a oregano fan amd it was a off traditional taste to me, so Since then I have been using the Chilis inspired chimichurri. Got the recipe from a manager friend I used to work with. Much sought after recipe btw.

1c packed Italian parsley
1c *packed cilantro
6 garlic cloves
1 shallot
2 tbs red wine vinegar
Juice from 1 medium lime
Juice from 1/2 medium lemon
1/2 c olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
Few grinds of black peppercorn
Blend
Best served at room temp since olive oil solidifies in the fridge.

I think that one's a keeper. I was so happy with how it came out. I also made a roasted corn, black bean and avacado salsa as an appetizer and I was real happy with that too.

Back