Chimichurri kabobs

Kirk

is One Chatty Farker
I needed something besides bbq this weekend and decided to do some kebabs. I took some chicken and pork and marinated them in chimichurri sauce overnight. I chopped up some red and green bell peppers, cremini mushrooms and vidalia onions for the skewers too. I originally wanted to marinate the veggies as well but I didn't make enough of the sauce. Instead I basted them while they were cooking with a mixture of olive oil, lime juice, chile powder, cayenne, salt and pepper.

We served the kabobs with a little yellow rice and man, they were awesome. I should have taken a picture of them because they were beautiful. I don't think I've ever had pork that tender and the chicken was awesome too. I'm glad I didn't marinate the vegetables because I think it would've been too much. They were nice the way they were.

The only thing I would do different would be to cut back a little on the time the meat was marinating. It was in there from 10 at night until 5 the next day. That was a bit too much for these small chunks of meat. I think 8 hrs would have been fine.

I got the chimichurri recipe from Food Network. Good chit Maynard!

• 6 cloves garlic
  • 3 fresh bay leaves
  • 2 jalapeno peppers, coarsely chopped
  • 1 tablespoon kosher salt
  • 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
  • 1/2 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
  • 1/4 cup finely chopped oregano leaves
  • 1/3 cup olive oil
Put everything in a food processor or blender (I recommend the blender) and process until smooth.

I made that one once, it was really good. Im not a oregano fan amd it was a off traditional taste to me, so Since then I have been using the Chilis inspired chimichurri. Got the recipe from a manager friend I used to work with. Much sought after recipe btw.

1c packed Italian parsley
1c *packed cilantro
6 garlic cloves
1 shallot
2 tbs red wine vinegar
Juice from 1 medium lime
Juice from 1/2 medium lemon
1/2 c olive oil
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1 tsp salt
Few grinds of black peppercorn
Blend
Best served at room temp since olive oil solidifies in the fridge.

I think that one's a keeper. I was so happy with how it came out. I also made a roasted corn, black bean and avacado salsa as an appetizer and I was real happy with that too.

Back