Chili Cookoff- 4/27, Mastic, Long Island (w/results)

I see on the website it says gates open at 11:30.

What time is the turn-in ?

I'll see how the weather is and what else is going on around the house. 80 miles roundtrip from Merrick...

Would have taken my daughter out for the afternoon but not sure the Hells Angels Clubhouse is ideal for a 4yr old girl.

Turn In is at 2:00,sledcast:
Sunday, Apr 27
06.gif

High: 63 °F RealFeel®: 59 °F
Clouds limiting sun

Sunday Night, Apr 27
35.gif

Low: 45 °F RealFeel®: 38 °F
Partly cloudy and breezy

Cooks meeting at 8am
Fires can be started at 9am.
Chili turn in is at 2pm. (10 minute window from 1:55 to 2:05)

Hope y'all can make it.

Rain date would be the following Sunday.

BTW, the ICS 2nd Annual Long Island Chili Cookoff is set for Sunday May 25th just like last year, same place etc.
Maybe I'll start a separate thread for that one.........

Rain date would be the following Sunday.

BTW, the ICS 2nd Annual Long Island Chili Cookoff is set for Sunday May 25th just like last year, same place etc.
Maybe I'll start a separate thread for that one.........
Please do i would not like to pollute this thread

Help at Mastic

Hi,

If you are competing at this event and wouldn't mind sharing some of your space with Breast Cancer Help, so they can sell raffles for their motorcycle giveaway.

They were going to hook up with Willie when he was tentatively going to attend, but that's not happening.

Please let me know.

Eric

To be honest i wouldn't mind if we had a bigger space than 10 x 10 but that makes it impossible. With tables, a wash station and cookers it barely gives enough room to cook in Maybe the organizer will make an exception and let them have a table since it is for a good not for profit cause

Hi,

If you are competing at this event and wouldn't mind sharing some of your space with Breast Cancer Help, so they can sell raffles for their motorcycle giveaway.

They were going to hook up with Willie when he was tentatively going to attend, but that's not happening.

Please let me know.

Eric

I know space is tight but we three Brethren teams are planning on setting up around the same time Saturday evening and if we do all three get together in sort of a "Brethren row", I am sure we could try and carve out some space among us for a couple of folks from BCH. Heck, all they need is about a card table sized chunk of space, si?
Hopefully Julie and Steve will chime in ........

I know space is tight but we three Brethren teams are planning on setting up around the same time Saturday evening and if we do all three get together in sort of a "Brethren row", I am sure we could try and carve out some space among us for a couple of folks from BCH. Heck, all they need is about a card table sized chunk of space, si?
Hopefully Julie and Steve will chime in ........
I didnt think of it like that. I gues we could then do it. I was kind of hoping to cook away from you guys so you dont steal my chili secrets though:tongue:

Hmmmmmmm
Friday, Apr 25
02.gif

High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 74 °F
Mostly sunny and nice

Friday Night, Apr 25
36.gif

Low: 43 °F RealFeel®: 49 °F
Some clouds

starGazing.gif

Stargazing conditions

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast for Today | Hourly Forecast for Tonight | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast | Local Radar

Saturday, Apr 26
14.gif

High: 60 °F RealFeel®: 58 °F
A blend of sun and clouds with a shower; cooler

Saturday Night, Apr 26
12.gif

Low: 44 °F RealFeel®: 42 °F
Mostly cloudy with spotty showers late

starGazing.gif

Stargazing conditions

Forecast Details | Hourly Forecast for Saturday | Hourly Forecast for Saturday Night | AccuPOP® Precipitation Forecast

Sunday, Apr 27
13.gif

High: 57 °F RealFeel®: 56 °F
A passing shower in the morning; otherwise, cool with clouds yielding to some sun

Sunday Night, Apr 27
12.gif

Low: 46 °F RealFeel®: 36 °F
Mostly cloudy and breezy with a brief shower or two

Excerpt from email sent by the organizer.

"Greetings To All Teams
I've been getting a lot of calls about the weather. Its looks like there may be passing showers from Saturday threw Tuesday. I aint affraid of a little rain and Im sure you aint either. Unless the weather changes to heavy rain all day everything is a go as planned! All camps for the most part will be on grass and dirt."

Back