Bay Area Charity Cookoff

voidecho

Full Fledged Farker
Not that I'm looking for competition, but I figured I'd throw this out there for any Brethren in the Bay Area who might be interested.

I live in Benicia and one of our local sports bars (Rookies) has had a charity rib Cookoff three years in a row. The fourth will be in a couple weeks. There's no prize money, just pride. All of the proceeds go to charity as well as all of the profits for the bar that day.

There's been anywhere from 17-26 teams over the last few years competing. Judging is done by local "celebrities" such as politicians, news casters, and police and fire chiefs.

It's $50 to compete. Starts between 6-8am on 4/26 and judging is at 2pm. Ribs are provided. Lots of amatures teams, but every year there are a few guys rolling in with 20 foot trailers.

If anyone is interested, it'd be great to compete against some other Brethren. Pretty sure you have to sign up and pay in person at Rookies Sports Bar at 321 First Street in Benicia. If you sign up, let me know. It's a fun day of BBQ'ing. There's a car show in town the same day, so lots of people around.

This maybe should be in the Competition forum, but since it's for charity and not official I figured it would fit in Q Talk.

Ah, bummer. I'd totally go across the bridge and do this, but I'm going to be otherwise occupied :( Next year maybe!

Sounds cool. I don't compete, but, I love Benicia, used to do a few projects there.

What's your team name?

We're not officially registered or anything, but we've gone by the "Rack Heads" the last couple years at this cook off.

Back