THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Well I have be way behind on the pron production and got the chance to take pics before the food all disappeared -

Drum Chicken - Yard Bird Rub .. yes it was bite through - a first for me and I blame the yard bird, first bird with this rub and its is top shelf stuff for sure! Thanks plow boys!!

Fatty - Jimmy Dean's Hot rolled in brown sugar and dusted lightly with the yard bird - loved it - cant wait to make sammies in the morning with the rest.

ABT's Red japs stuffed with a brown sugar sweetened cream cheese dusted with Yard Bird wrapped in maple bacon - spicy sweet with a nice after glow resembling cinnamon , the balence was a little over to the sweet side, could have used a touch of something to offset the sweet ...

Pig Candy - maple bacon with brown sugar dusted with yard bird

Attachments

• 5-24-08 chicken.jpg
    5-24-08 chicken.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 114
Looks great. I got a little creeped out, though. That chicken is staring at me just like Mom used to when I did something bad (of course Mom isn't headless).

no that drum is pitifully empty --

here is what a MOSTLY full drum looks like

Chicken on a drum
chxonadrum.jpg

and keep in mind these words from NotleyQue "I believe I could have fit 2 more on."

The chickens were done Beer can style, I used plowboys Yardbird rub, and a little injection in the breast meat (also did the ice on the breast ((Thanx Country)) and a nice 1.5 hour smoke. I had my friend help me with the chickens, and I credit 4 hands instead of 2 allowing me to get 7 chickens in the drum. I believe I could have fit 2 more on.

and thats just one rack ...

Back