Checklist for cook (50 people)

bluegrass smoke

Full Fledged Farker
The wifey (real estate agent) has a client that she is doing a party for this weekend. Its about 45 mins away so I dont want to forget anything. Does anyone have checklist? I have my Shirley/Lang Hybrid and I drive a Tahoe. Any pics would be much appreciated for loading up similar cooks. Menu is beans,ribs, chicken thighs and we are still up in the air on brisket or pork shoulders

thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_7105.jpg
    IMG_7105.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_7109.jpg
    IMG_7109.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_7108.jpg
    IMG_7108.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 160
Are you cooking at home or on site? If on site, what are the accommodations/amenities?

On-Site

We might have some weather Saturday Afternoon so I'm going to take couple of pop-up tents.

Accommodations/Amenities
Will be at clients home they are fully moved-in but I want to try to do everything outside so not to mess up/dirty up kitchen for party

I'm not sure what you're responsible for supplying (plates, silverware, napkins....etc.), but I would bring my own tables (I have two folding tables I always bring with me) so you have dedicated surface space and more aluminum pans, foil, paper towels, and gloves than you think you'll need.

I'm not sure what you're responsible for supplying (plates, silverware, napkins....etc.), but I would bring my own tables (I have two folding tables I always bring with me) so you have dedicated surface space and more aluminum pans, foil, paper towels, and gloves than you think you'll need.

Wifey is handling all plates napkins etc. I have a kit with trays and chafing candles so basically I just have to cook and they will take it from there

Sounds like you just need meat, rubs, fuel, pans, tongs, gloves, thermometer, extinguisher, cooler(s), beer, table/prep space (as mentioned)

I would throw a pork shoulder on (for sandwiches) as a cheap insurance policy from running out of food! You need some carbs to slow down the chowhounds!

Sounds like you just need meat, rubs, fuel, pans, tongs, gloves, thermometer, extinguisher, cooler(s), beer, table/prep space (as mentioned)

The most important item is in the above post!

I'd consider some fast cooking stuff like sausages as well if you want to munch on something during the cook/bond with others...

Back