THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I just realized that I met another brethren today. I was nthole's table captain.

Phil it was good to meet you! Had no idea.

You just never know when you're going to run into a brethren. There were at least 3 of us judging. Probably more.

You did a great job for us. Thanks for volunteering and stepping up.

I ended up judging since they had some drop out as of Friday. I went over on Friday evening and hung out. I brought out my amp, a bass, and a 6 string for Jeff(Bubba and Jeff) and we picked til 2 am. Was a fun time, just glad the weather was much better than last year. Had the best rib of the day(best taste and appearance)....the guy didn't pull the membrane:rolleyes:. What's up wit dat?:eek: Like trying to eat a piece of duct tape!

I'm in awe of everyone who competed; that weather must have been quite a challenge. In spite of the cold and relentless wind, we judged some mighty fine barbecue.

Jamey - Great calls, and I hope you enjoy Shannon!!
Congrats everyone - sounds like you has as much fun as those of us in KS!!!
Kinda like last year Jeff City had weather similar to Osage then too! (rain instead of rain/snow)

The wind was a real P I T A but I had a great time. I want to congratulate all the brethren teams that walked. I want to thank PayDaBill for letting me join his team (Lit and Loaded) this year. I am a rookie and he is a heck of a guy for being my mentor. It was nice to meet a few of the brothers, would have gotten out more but the wind farked with everything.
See ya all around.

Never realized # members here that were comp cooks and judges that were at the cook-off. I was a judge and had some good BBQ, appreciated all that braved the elements to make this competition a success. Congrats to all the winners. Could not imagine cooking with those winds and temps.

Congrats to everyone for just surviving! It sounds like a challenging weekend to cook.

Jamey - Great job on the pork! We'll see you in Shannon!

Randy - Congrats on the brisket!

The wind was a real P I T A but I had a great time. I want to congratulate all the brethren teams that walked. I want to thank PayDaBill for letting me join his team (Lit and Loaded) this year. I am a rookie and he is a heck of a guy for being my mentor. It was nice to meet a few of the brothers, would have gotten out more but the wind farked with everything.
See ya all around.

Man - talk about birth by fire - or maybe wind!

No need to thank me, man you did great! We are going to have so much fun!

Congrats to all the Brethren who walked! I was there last year and I never thought the weather could get worse. I think this year came close. I feel sorry for the organizers! They must feel jinxed.
Hope the weather for Shriners comp is better!

Back