Capital City Cookoff Jeff City, MO - April 11 & 12, 2008

Here is today's forecast from NOAA for the Capital City. All I can say is come prepared for big wind.

Friday...Windy...cooler. Mostly cloudy. High in the lower 50s. West wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 35 mph.

Friday Night...Windy...colder. Mostly cloudy. Low in the mid 30s. West wind 15 to 20 mph. Gusts up to 35 mph in the evening decreasing to 25 mph after midnight.

Saturday...Mostly cloudy. Chance of rain showers and snow showers in the morning...then chance of rain showers in the afternoon. High in the mid 40s. Northwest wind 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Sounds like a repeat of last year. WOO HOO!! :biggrin::eek:

The way the wind is blowing today I'm glad I couldn't make this event. Hope everyone is getting by ok, good luck all.

The way the wind is blowing today I'm glad I couldn't make this event. Hope everyone is getting by ok, good luck all.

No kidding! I chose to do a practice cook this weekend, and I'm not having a lot of fun! I can imagine what it's like 30 miles south of me.

I let me dog out about 1:00 last night and I had flurries. The boys in JC and Osage must have froze their butts off trying to get some sleep.

Ya, I hope everyone at JC and Osage brought their Long-johns!!!

Good Luck to all who competed; OMG, it has been cold and super windy! To fight such elements, actually everyone is a winner as I see it...just don't get recognized for such...But, you all have been thought of. Eager to hear results!

Just got a call from Jamey......LazyJAcres....he got a 3rd in ribs and a 1st in pork
Said Ulcer Acres had a few calls....

Jamey was driving home in a sleet storm and couldn't get to all the results and didn't talk long at all (don't blame him if it was sleeting)

4 men and a pig was Grand

Congrats to all that braved the elements!

I forgot to say that Jamey was thrilled to death!

Big props to all the cooks that roughed this one. A couple of teams bailed during the comp and before from what the organizer said. Turn ins were pretty good for the the conditions.

I had some phenomenal pork. Wonder if it was Lazy Js. If you took a pic shoot me it, I'd be curious.

That's three GC's in four weeks for 4 Men and a Pig. Amazing.

Great job Jamey!!!! So happy for you.

What a weekend. Some one said they thought the weather was better than last year, I asked where. The wind was blowing so hard Friday night, my motor home was giving me sea sickness.
There were a lot of great teams that showed. 65 in all. I ended up 8th over all. The first in pork yielded me a invite to the national "Butt To Butt" for 2009 in Shannon Illinois.

Last edited:
The Results Are In, but someone will have to highlight the rest of the Brethren Teams.

GC: 4 Men And A Pig - 672.0002
RGC: Dry 2 Da Bone - 672.0000
3rd: Big Chief BBQ - 670.2856
4th: 4 Mile Smokin Crew - 669.1426
5th: Lutz's BBQ - 667.4288
6th: Pig Newton - 667.4284
7th: Smokin Triggers - 666.8572
8th: Natural Born Grillers - 666.8572
9th: Quau - 662.8566
10th: Slow & Easy - 660.5714

Chicken

10th : Drag-N-Butt BBQ
9th: 4 Mile Smokin Crew
8th: BBQ'rs Delight
7th: Chick N' Pig BBQ
6th: Pig Newton
5th: Big Chief BBQ
4th: Bubba & Jeffs BBQ
3rd: Moose Brothers BBQ
2nd: Smokin Triggers
1st: Smokers Wild

Ribs

10th: Where's The Smoke
9th: Hot Flash BBQ
8th: Rock River BBQ
7th: Ulcer Acres BBQ
6th: Dry 2 Da Bone
5th: Big Chief BBQ
4th: Natural Born Grillers
3rd: Lutz's BBQ
2nd: 4 Men & A Pig
1st: 4 Mile Smokin Crew

Pork

10th: Iowa"s Smokey D's BBQ
9th: Smokin Triggers
8th: Tuxedo BBQ
7th: Joey Mac's Smoke Stax
6th: Pellet Envy
5th: Pig Newton
4th: 4 Men & A Pig
3rd: Smokin Guns
2nd: Dry 2 Da Bone
1st: Natural Born Grillers (Butt To Butt Invitation)

Brisket

10th: Smokin Guns
9th: Yellow Jacket BBq
8th: Lit And Loaded
7th: Dry 2 Da Bone
6th: Rock River BBQ
5th: Quau
4th: Sedalia Master Basters
3rd: Slow And Easy
2nd: Smoke This BBQ
1st: Ulcer Acres BBQ

Last edited:
Nice Brisket Randy!
Were you getting nervous when they were running out of names or did you just KNOW in?

Back