Capital City Cookoff Jeff City, MO - April 11 & 12, 2008

I just realized that I met another brethren today. I was nthole's table captain.

Phil it was good to meet you! Had no idea.

You just never know when you're going to run into a brethren. There were at least 3 of us judging. Probably more.

You did a great job for us. Thanks for volunteering and stepping up.

I ended up judging since they had some drop out as of Friday. I went over on Friday evening and hung out. I brought out my amp, a bass, and a 6 string for Jeff(Bubba and Jeff) and we picked til 2 am. Was a fun time, just glad the weather was much better than last year. Had the best rib of the day(best taste and appearance)....the guy didn't pull the membrane:rolleyes:. What's up wit dat?:eek: Like trying to eat a piece of duct tape!

I'm in awe of everyone who competed; that weather must have been quite a challenge. In spite of the cold and relentless wind, we judged some mighty fine barbecue.

Jamey - Great calls, and I hope you enjoy Shannon!!
Congrats everyone - sounds like you has as much fun as those of us in KS!!!
Kinda like last year Jeff City had weather similar to Osage then too! (rain instead of rain/snow)

The wind was a real P I T A but I had a great time. I want to congratulate all the brethren teams that walked. I want to thank PayDaBill for letting me join his team (Lit and Loaded) this year. I am a rookie and he is a heck of a guy for being my mentor. It was nice to meet a few of the brothers, would have gotten out more but the wind farked with everything.
See ya all around.

Never realized # members here that were comp cooks and judges that were at the cook-off. I was a judge and had some good BBQ, appreciated all that braved the elements to make this competition a success. Congrats to all the winners. Could not imagine cooking with those winds and temps.

Congrats to everyone for just surviving! It sounds like a challenging weekend to cook.

Jamey - Great job on the pork! We'll see you in Shannon!

Randy - Congrats on the brisket!

The wind was a real P I T A but I had a great time. I want to congratulate all the brethren teams that walked. I want to thank PayDaBill for letting me join his team (Lit and Loaded) this year. I am a rookie and he is a heck of a guy for being my mentor. It was nice to meet a few of the brothers, would have gotten out more but the wind farked with everything.
See ya all around.

Man - talk about birth by fire - or maybe wind!

No need to thank me, man you did great! We are going to have so much fun!

Congrats to all the Brethren who walked! I was there last year and I never thought the weather could get worse. I think this year came close. I feel sorry for the organizers! They must feel jinxed.
Hope the weather for Shriners comp is better!

Back