Canopy / Gazebo ???

One of my former customers was a dealer for Sunsetter Retractable Awnings. He said they were great. Permanent mount under the eaves, just crank it out when you need it, crank it back in when you don't. (or push the remote button on the motorized models.)

He said that by keeping it rolled up when not needed, it prevented a lot of the weather aging and damage from the wind whipping them. If bugs are a problem, you can get optional screen walls.

Probably cost about what a permanent patio cover would cost, but it should be there after the hurricane.

Chris

I think I am starting to lean toward a more permanent solution. I have a 12' x 14' patio behind the house. I could easily put up something like this:

patio_cover.jpg

The only problem is it would cost about $1200, but it would be permanent. At least until the next hurricane. :eek:

I like this idea the best. This unit looks like it's made of aluminum.
I would think you could make your own for a lot less than $1200

First UP from wally world works great but what is this "rain" you speak of? Guess we don't have any of that here is south Texas. You could always just move down here and be dry year round! :lol:

Yeah....but then there's the LAVA HOT temps. Any you don't get the beautiful winters (cough-cough) that we get here in the Hoosier State.:mrgreen:

One of my former customers was a dealer for Sunsetter Retractable Awnings. He said they were great. Permanent mount under the eaves, just crank it out when you need it, crank it back in when you don't. (or push the remote button on the motorized models.)

He said that by keeping it rolled up when not needed, it prevented a lot of the weather aging and damage from the wind whipping them. If bugs are a problem, you can get optional screen walls.

Probably cost about what a permanent patio cover would cost, but it should be there after the hurricane.

Chris

Yeah....that's exactly what I was thinking. If you're wanting a more "permanent" awning, This may be the way to go. Depending on where you are and the snow load (do you get snow in Alabama?), the awning you showed may get REAL heavy if you get a good wet snow. At least with the Sunsetter you can put it away if you want.

Here's their site.....

http://www.sunsetter.com/

I want to buy an awning too, but I want a portable....so the EZ-Up is the way to go for me.....just looked like you wanted something that wasn't gonna need to be prtable.

My $.02. Good luck!

I use a 10 x 10 Caravan from Costco on my back deck.

I screw it to the deck in April and unscrew it and put it away in October (Snow kills these things quickly). Using it like this I get a few years out of it before it really needs to be replaced.

Depending on where you are and the snow load (do you get snow in Alabama?), the awning you showed may get REAL heavy if you get a good wet snow. At least with the Sunsetter you can put it away if you want.

Snow? It has snowed here 3 times in my life. Barely stuck each time. I'm going to look at the Sunsetter also.

Snow? It has snowed here 3 times in my life. Barely stuck each time. I'm going to look at the Sunsetter also.

er......well that's a real...........shame.
I love when it snows. The first time or two......

Sorry.....always lived right here in good ole Indianer!!!
I don't leave much.......

Canopy

Hi all...I'm new here.
Looks like a nice Forum here.

For whatever it's worth....you may want to keep local Fire Codes,
in the back of your mind; before you spend a lot of money.

Here in Aurora, Colorado....Fire codes require the heat source,
(smoker, grill or whatever) be at least 10 feet away from the
canopy or structure you are using.
Of course not many people actually follow the Fire codes, and put
their smoker, or grill under the canopy.

Whatever you do...it's not a bad idea to have a good fire extinguisher
on hand .....just to be safe.

I'd recommend building a small BBQ Shack. One of my friends has one like this built along his privacy fence on the side of his house and it's really a badass little setup. You can make it as long as you need it. You could do it for a few hundred bucks. His is outfitted with a small work table, radio, tool rack and so on.

Back