THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ok, I tried this on a cook I did monday night. I threw a fist sized chunk of hickory in the smoker and filled up the water pan with AJ and water I then put the foiled rack over that with a hole in the middle to help with drainage. The water pan was full at 12:00 am the smoker was around 200* then I went to bed. I did not add water again till 7:00 am smoker was running at about 235* it was not quite completely out but was getting close. So I got 7 hours out of a pan of water without a heat diverter I would say for me that this method works, I do not know what temp the smoker ran at all night though but I do know that at 6:00 am the 4 butts that I was smoking were all about 165* internal and they turned out great.

Well hell - I'm going to throw in a piece of wood in my Competitor and see if I can go an entire comp cook without adding water.

Back