BWS Party Owners

Ok, I tried this on a cook I did monday night. I threw a fist sized chunk of hickory in the smoker and filled up the water pan with AJ and water I then put the foiled rack over that with a hole in the middle to help with drainage. The water pan was full at 12:00 am the smoker was around 200* then I went to bed. I did not add water again till 7:00 am smoker was running at about 235* it was not quite completely out but was getting close. So I got 7 hours out of a pan of water without a heat diverter I would say for me that this method works, I do not know what temp the smoker ran at all night though but I do know that at 6:00 am the 4 butts that I was smoking were all about 165* internal and they turned out great.

Well hell - I'm going to throw in a piece of wood in my Competitor and see if I can go an entire comp cook without adding water.

Well hell - I'm going to throw in a piece of wood in my Competitor and see if I can go an entire comp cook without adding water.

Bobby
That Competitor has a huge water pan, just thinking that maybe 2 big chunks would help, just a thought.

Back