THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

wihint

is Blowin Smoke!
We are doing an event December 7th for 1250 people. This will include other menu options besides brisket and it is not a BBQ event. I am planning on 3-4oz serving and was looking for advice on the best electric knife on the market. I do not want to hand slice each piece even using my best brisket slicing knife.

I will be doing a slight twist on Myron Mixon's method of hot and fast as this has proven to provide a moist rich slice despite my cooks best effort to fark them up. :clap2:

I've been trying to find a 11-14" electric knife with no love. Sorry no help but this is my way of tagging the thread.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

wow what are you cooking on?

We have 4 Cadillac Cookers on order, they are not in yet so I will be smoking them on the franken smokers (no name, nor identification) client got them donated about a decade ago, they get 2 hours at 350 then wrapped and in a pan at 325 until about 193 then we start probing.....

They use electic knives at Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX. Those knives obviously get a lot of use. They seem to be really nice folks, so I bet if you hollered at 'em they'd tell you what kind they use.

Subscribed just to see what others recommend. I've burned up an electric with just 8 briskets but that was non-stop slicing. I wouldn't want to do more than 3-4 with just my brisket knife.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

They use electic knives at Snow's BBQ in Lexington, TX. Those knives obviously get a lot of use. They seem to be really nice folks, so I bet if you hollered at 'em they'd tell you what kind they use.

Just emailed them, website says they are closed today so it might be a little bit.
Thank you Brother for the advice.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
^^^They are only open to serve BBQ on Saturdays, so I'm not sure what's going on there during the week, but I would imagine somebody comes in though.

I have the Cuisinart CEK-40, it's about 7 yrs old and still works fine. I do sense the blades may need sharpening or replaced by now. Whatever you do I would get a cheap Rapala or something similar as backup. If you don't use it you can always take it back to the sporting good store.

We currently use a black and decker brand but have used several. Normally inexpensive due to finding a really good one lol

Thank You
Kerry Bexley

This is the response from Snow's BBQ, gonna have to spend some money there on my next trip.

It looks like the B&D EK700

Thank you for the advice everyone.

Bill what ever knife you get get several of them as you will be putting them to the test. Do a review as well since a lot of use will be interested in the result.

+1 on Mister Twister. The blue one has a bigger motor I believe so would probably be less likely to burn up. I have the green and yellow one with the standard blades and the longer blades (the longer blades come standard with the blue one). I honestly couldn't believe it sliced a brisket so well. I can't vouch for if it would hold up for an extended steady use as the longest I have used it was for two whole pork loins but it did fine.

Based on reviews I have read, these are suppose to be the best on the market.
https://www.amazon.com/American-Ang...id=1510013393&sr=1-13&keywords=electric+knife
I have read good things about Mister Twister as well, but most reviewers suggest getting a cheap one, and throwing it away when it burns up. Whatever you get, you will want to cycle them in and out, because heat is what kills them. That is a lot of meat, have you considered renting a commercial slicer?

Josh that is great idea, I will look into that option I had not even thought of that route. We used our Hobart Meat Slicers last year and it was not pretty.

Back