THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kingsford or Stubbs

• Kingsford

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Stubbs

Votes: 76 69.1%

• Total voters
My local Lowe's did not have Stubbs on sale, but when I asked about the internet ad I was told that Lowe's is trying to generate internet sales and they called the Mgr. He said the same, and that if I ordered online I'd get the 2/4/1` price delivered free to the store. I pointed to the pallets of Stubbs and asked if we could bypass the online ordering and he agreed. I did wonder about the 95% hardwood and 5% vegetable binder mix, but then knew it was better than Kingsford and chemicals. I made a cook with them tonight and was very happy!!!!!

I gotta go Stubbs too....it's always Stubbs when I'm not using lump. Low smoke and less ash. great mild smokey flavor. And if you don't have a Lowes nearby I remember grabbin a bag at my local Westlake Ace Hardware last year.

I'll go with the minority and say Blue Bag K every single time. We never deviate and it works great for us.

I'd be interested in seeing how this question would do in the comp forum.

I have never had the problems that most of you are having with Kingsford. I don't find the smell to be any different than any other brig (Royal Oak actually smells worse to me). And I have never had an ash problem, maybe it is my cooker or my kettle but I don't ever recall having an issue with excess ash causing my fire to choke out... We used Kingsford most of the time last year in comps as well.
I have not used Stubbs and probably will not after getting a pallet of Comp K for $2.23 a bag earlier this year...

Did another smoke on my Brink SKD last weekend. I always use a combination of lump and briqs. Had run out of Stubbs but had a bag of Blue briqs. Well, I can for sure say there is a difference in the two. (I knew that already) Definitely more ash w/ the blue stuff. Also, burnt down quicker. I also checked on the promos again for the Stubbs. Called Lowe's help line and it was a West Coast promotion, and doesn't appear to be coming out East.... Said they do the Kings out here. Probably cuz they need to sell more! LOL...

Back