Briquette Wars: Kingsford vs. Stubbs

Kingsford or Stubbs

• Kingsford

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Stubbs

Votes: 76 69.1%

• Total voters
My local Lowe's did not have Stubbs on sale, but when I asked about the internet ad I was told that Lowe's is trying to generate internet sales and they called the Mgr. He said the same, and that if I ordered online I'd get the 2/4/1` price delivered free to the store. I pointed to the pallets of Stubbs and asked if we could bypass the online ordering and he agreed. I did wonder about the 95% hardwood and 5% vegetable binder mix, but then knew it was better than Kingsford and chemicals. I made a cook with them tonight and was very happy!!!!!

I gotta go Stubbs too....it's always Stubbs when I'm not using lump. Low smoke and less ash. great mild smokey flavor. And if you don't have a Lowes nearby I remember grabbin a bag at my local Westlake Ace Hardware last year.

I'll go with the minority and say Blue Bag K every single time. We never deviate and it works great for us.

I'd be interested in seeing how this question would do in the comp forum.

I have never had the problems that most of you are having with Kingsford. I don't find the smell to be any different than any other brig (Royal Oak actually smells worse to me). And I have never had an ash problem, maybe it is my cooker or my kettle but I don't ever recall having an issue with excess ash causing my fire to choke out... We used Kingsford most of the time last year in comps as well.
I have not used Stubbs and probably will not after getting a pallet of Comp K for $2.23 a bag earlier this year...

Did another smoke on my Brink SKD last weekend. I always use a combination of lump and briqs. Had run out of Stubbs but had a bag of Blue briqs. Well, I can for sure say there is a difference in the two. (I knew that already) Definitely more ash w/ the blue stuff. Also, burnt down quicker. I also checked on the promos again for the Stubbs. Called Lowe's help line and it was a West Coast promotion, and doesn't appear to be coming out East.... Said they do the Kings out here. Probably cuz they need to sell more! LOL...

Back