Briquette Wars: Kingsford vs. Stubbs

Kingsford or Stubbs

• Kingsford

Votes: 34 30.9%
  • Stubbs

Votes: 76 69.1%

• Total voters
I did the same thing, came up with the same price. I'm about to drive to Lowe's and see if it really is on sale. On second thought, maybe I will call them first.

*Edit: Just called Lowes and the Stubbs is NOT on sale in my area, but the Kingsford is. A bottle of KC Masterpiece is coming free with the bag of K as well. Call before you go, it may save you some time.

Just checked the online ad for Franklin, KY. Not on sale, sorry.

Stubb's for me also. No off smell, less ash, veggie binder. I checked at 2 Lowe's today in Tennessee, not on sale here :mad2: I'd be stocking up if it were.

Both are on sale this weekend. I like others are looking to stock up for the year. Which of the two is better and why? Also, just don't vote for one because that's all you've used. Vote either way only if you've used both brands. Thanks!!!!!

Here's the Lowe's ad http://lowes.shoplocal.com/lowes/default.aspx?action=entryflash&storeref=2844&adref=top_nav_header BOGO 15# bags for $8.49 Must be a West Coast deal.

Here's the Home Depot ad http://homedepot.shoplocal.com/homedepot/default.aspx?action=entryflash&locStoreNum=3303&cm_sp=SpringOne%2d%5f%2dShop%5fLocal

I'll be testing this weekend while I watch hoops:-D:-D:-D

Can someone who purchased the Stubb's on sale, go to Lowes.com, enter their zip code and see if it is on sale. If so, please add the link to this thread so the members in states that it is not on sale can bring your ad into their store and try to get the sale price.

Can someone who purchased the Stubb's on sale, go to Lowes.com, enter their zip code and see if it is on sale. If so, please add the link to this thread so the members in states that it is not on sale can bring your ad into their store and try to get the sale price.

See my post right before yours.:becky:

Called my local lowes and they said if i bring in a SS of the offer they will match it. So give it a try.

I've never tried Stubb's before but I like what I'm reading here about it. Just checked my local Lowes and it's $4.25 for a 15# bag.

Anyone remember last years Memorial Day price for Kingsford or Stubbs?

I picked up 8 bags of Stubbs today. Not sure if I should get more or a better deal on Memorial weekend can be had.

Thanks! :thumb:

Ok... Im going to grab me a bag this weekend. See if I like it over the Royal Oak lump I have been using.

Anyone else like the Stubbs over Royal Oak lump?

I went to Lowe's this morn and got 4 bags of Stubbs. I usually use K blue. Gonna do some ribs (getting ready to light the Bandera) today useing the Stubbs to see what I think. Will post my .02 later. Out here the add listed 15# bags for 8.49 with the BOGO offer. They also had the free sauce with a K purchase.

Damn, this got me all excited. All I will ever use anymore is stubbs and would load up the car with it on sale. I am going to print the ad and take it in to try my luck tomorrow. I will let you all know how I fared.

who else other than Lowes sells Stubbs? I don't have a Lowes anywhere close to me.

The only other place I have ever see it is Super-G and that was a tiny (maybe 5lb) bag for $7.99.

Posted here: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?sduid=0&p=38141375

Stubb's 100% All Natural BBQ Charcoal Briquets are Buy One Get One at Lowe's
That's two 15 pound bags for $8.49 + tax where applicable. The website show's 15lb bags for $4.25, so it works out to the same price. This price is through 3/21.

This is about 1 cent more expensive per pound than the Home Depot deal going on this weekend, but I prefer Stubb's over Kingsford.

For Sale Online [lowes.com]

Attached is a screenshot of the Ad on the website.
Attached Thumbnails

I called the store yesterday...no such luck here in middle TN, and I can't find any Stubbs promotion on their site, either. :confused:

My vote is for Stubb's also.
I went to Lowes.com and entered my zip code and the price is coming up $8.49 a bag. Is the sale in certain area's only?

It's gotta be a regional sale.

Went to bLowes and they looked it up in the 'puter and no deal-$8.49

Same with Home Despot- Kingsford 2 paks $15.97

Everyday low prices!

Stock up you lucky farkers!

I like them both, but for comps its BBK all the way!!

Back