THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

That is a breakfast that can be eaten and will stay with ya all the way to supper.
Thats my kinda meal and thanks for posting the pics of your cook, they look great.

Oh fark. This cranberry muffin I'm eating tastes extremely lame now.

That looks awesome...

Mind sharing the flour/milk ratio or even the whole recipe to make that gravy? I've never made my own sausage gravy from scratch but now I have the urge to give it a shot!

Great looking breakfast, my favorite as a matter of fact. I agree with everyone else, cooking in the outdoors just makes everything taste better. I need to figure out where you camp, my spots look lame compared to the beautiful scenery you have when you are out.

Sausage gravy and biscuits with some taters and eggs is my idea of heaven. Especially when it's cooked with a view like that.

Outstanding!!

Thanks for the kind comments everyone. You're a sweet group of friends!

awesome as always, Jeanie! What kind of cooker is that? Looks pretty cool.
Thank you Beck! The cooker was made by a friend. I've had it for a few years, it's really nice but a bit heavy for me to move around. I've really used it a lot!

Looks incredible Jeanie. Now I need to clean up the drool off my keyboard. I wish I could get sausage gravy in restaurants that had that much sausage in it. But then again, maybe it's a good thing I can't! :biggrin:
Neil thanks! I'd send some to ya if I could. :becky:

A BBQ Goddess does it again! 8)

Great Looking Grub Jeanie.

TIM
Tim you are too kind! Thanks friend.. :thumb:

Oh fark. This cranberry muffin I'm eating tastes extremely lame now.

That looks awesome...

Mind sharing the flour/milk ratio or even the whole recipe to make that gravy? I've never made my own sausage gravy from scratch but now I have the urge to give it a shot!
Thank you sslak! I'm terrible about measuring when I cook but after browning the sausage I add about 3 TBs of flour to the sausage drippings, cook for a few minutes then add enough milk to cover the sausage. (guessing at least 2 cups). If the gravy is too thick I add more milk. Then I season with salt and pepper. I use spicy sausage so other seasonings aren't really needed.
Thanks again! :)

Great looking breakfast, my favorite as a matter of fact. I agree with everyone else, cooking in the outdoors just makes everything taste better. I need to figure out where you camp, my spots look lame compared to the beautiful scenery you have when you are out.

Thank you scayne! I like the little late but it can get crowded at times. I have another favorite lake that is pretty much deserted. There are no camp sites or hookups so most of the time I'm the only one there.

Thanks again everyone!

Back