Bob's Famous Big Boy--As Seen On TV/YouTube TD

In the North Texas area the franchises of Big Boys were called Kip's. Worked there during high school and college as a breakfast cook and manager sub. My recollection of the trademark double decker sandwich was that the standard sauce was Thousand Island. Dang! I loved the food. There is nothing finer than fresh off the grill or fries so hot you could burn your fingers. My first manager tried to get me to quit college to manage fast food. Nahhh! Thanks but don't think so.

You really kicked it up a notch with this one, Sako! I was never a fan of their burgers, but I'd chow down on the one you just cooked in a heartbeat. Looks like you and I have started an interesting trend of burger copycats. I guess I need to go next...:wink:

Burgers look fantastic and I'm a big fan of the WT 101. :thumb:

Thanks Kevin! I like WT 101 too. Speaking of bourbon Booker's last night at my buddy's house. Well we had both. :becky:

W6RAEREh.jpg

Dayum Neighbor. MSD is cooking Beef ribs and I am thinking I wish I had either one of those burgers.

excellent cook once again!

Thanks neighbor! Have her dust it was some of her or your magic rub. :nod:

Seriously living the good life there, my friend. But, when you cook like that, everyday is better than the previous. You nailed all of those burgers, and I did gasp when I saw the NY Strip that was about to be ground, but the end justified the means.

Thanks Ron! I never made burgers with strip loin so why not right? :-D

Farking Fantastic! It's been years since we've had a Bob's in PA. Got my first and only black eye in the parking lot of one of them, thrown out of and up in of another (twice), first time, umm, well you know, parents out of town ... misspent youth some would say, I'd do it all over except the black eye. The Big Boy, a farking staple! Used to dig the clam strip dinner too. ;>

Thanks gengle!

Oh memories. One black eye? I had two and it wasn't at a Big Boy but a brawl. My only two. :laugh: Hit with iron chairs and everything. :loco:

So does Sako's Big Boy have a drive thru?

:thumb: Don't think they'd allow a drive thru in a residential Marty.

You really kicked it up a notch with this one, Sako! I was never a fan of their burgers, but I'd chow down on the one you just cooked in a heartbeat. Looks like you and I have started an interesting trend of burger copycats. I guess I need to go next...:wink:

Thanks Richard! I loved the BB burger. Pretty much all I'd get there. Been a while and obviously making it at home was a whole another lever good.

:thumb:

Go for it. What do you have in mind next? I want to do the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box next. :heh:

hqdefault.jpg

I was along for the ride until you mentioned American Cheese. Otherwise a fine looking burger.

Heat

Heat is of my fav movies, underrated, and doesn't feel like a 2hr 50min movie
One of the best shootouts ever! Trejo hasn't aged since.

Last edited:
Heat is of my fav movies, underrated, and doesn't feel like a 2hr 50min movie
One of the best shootouts ever! Trejo hasn't aged since.

Yessir!

That guy never ages. He's got a taco stand going here.

Thanks Richard! I loved the BB burger. Pretty much all I'd get there. Been a while and obviously making it at home was a whole another lever good.

:thumb:

Go for it. What do you have in mind next? I want to do the Ultimate Bacon Cheeseburger from Jack in the Box next. :heh:

hqdefault.jpg

I'm thinking either a Tommy's chili cheeseburger or an Apple Pan hickory burger. With cheese, of course...:thumb:

I've had both super and regular big boys. You've done that famous burger justice. Excellent play by play. The Slim Jim sandwiches at Big Boy are delicious as well.

Thanks for sharing your creation.

I'm thinking either a Tommy's chili cheeseburger or an Apple Pan hickory burger. With cheese, of course...:thumb:

Oh man! Tommy's chili cheeseburger. You have to do it. With the chili cheese fires of course :-D

5H9uSxLh.png

You nailed all of that I do have to admit I prefer my cheese melted

Thanks George!! I love my cheese melted too but I went restaurant style down to detail. :thumb:

I've had both super and regular big boys. You've done that famous burger justice. Excellent play by play. The Slim Jim sandwiches at Big Boy are delicious as well.

Thanks for sharing your creation.

Thanks QTraz!!

They were Elias up there, right? Here they are still strong as Frisch's Big Boys. Good enough food, but man, when we were kids their burgers were gourmet food for us.

Found this list of them all.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Boy_Restaurants#Roster_of_named_franchisees

Yes Elias brothers. Many have closed. Last time i went i had an awful experience with a manager. They need to change to keep up with all the options today. Even the big boy next to the corporate world headquarters office closed.

Back