Bob's Famous Big Boy--As Seen On TV/YouTube TD

Outstanding cook sir. In my early youth like 7-8 we’d travel to Dallas to take my Dad to the airport. We’d eat at Kips Big Boy and I’d get the exact same burger that you’d cooked. On a trip in 66-67 we ate at Bobs Big Boy. Pretty sure it was Burbank. But memories fade and hard to tell what I remember and what’s been imprinted by lore. We got close and drove by a lot of attractions. No studio tours, no Disney land- Knotts Berry Farm was free. But we ate good. Under saguaro cactus in AZ- burgers a lot. 4 kids in the backseat of a 1960 Chevy Impala. No A/C no radio.

Kicked up a few childhood memories of Deming, Tucson, Hollywood, Taft etc.
thanks for the memories jolt.

I think my parents saw two celebrities. Martha Raye?? And a blonde lady that had a gossip news segment (Rona Barrett???). Stretching my brain at 0500. More coffee.

Love Field ?

So.... I wake up and decided to see what's new on this forum. All I see is whiskey and amazing cheeseburgers. Pretty sure that I can find my obituary online because I must have died.

Seriously, great photos from ALL of you. Whiskey, burgers, Christmas trees in the back ground... Carry on!

Those burgers look awesome, Both of them( need pickled beetroot)
pass on the Booze, beer is fine and don't you forget it in case I turn up one day.

Thanks Titch! Yes, I'll hide the Foster's when you get out this way sometime. :thumb:

Outstanding cook sir. In my early youth like 7-8 we’d travel to Dallas to take my Dad to the airport. We’d eat at Kips Big Boy and I’d get the exact same burger that you’d cooked. On a trip in 66-67 we ate at Bobs Big Boy. Pretty sure it was Burbank. But memories fade and hard to tell what I remember and what’s been imprinted by lore. We got close and drove by a lot of attractions. No studio tours, no Disney land- Knotts Berry Farm was free. But we ate good. Under saguaro cactus in AZ- burgers a lot. 4 kids in the backseat of a 1960 Chevy Impala. No A/C no radio.

I think my parents saw two celebrities. Martha Raye?? And a blonde lady that had a gossip news segment (Rona Barrett???). Stretching my brain at 0500. More coffee.

Thanks Adams! Man, I can only imagine. Obviously way before my inception. I've only heard about how Knott's started. Glad I helped bring back some good memories. :thumb:

We use to have a ton of big boys here.
Unfortunately they are closing one by one.

That could change if you were on the line sako

Mmmm... That looks good, if I recall we used to have Marc's Big Boys out here in the midwest.

We use to have a ton of big boys here.
Unfortunately they are closing one by one.

That could change if you were on the line sako

Thanks Steve! Noticed MI had a bunch. Too bad they're closing but even some locations on here weren't on par.

Thanks Sako it's been 25 plus years since I have had a Bob's Big Boy all are closed in Arizona to my knowledge. A Super Big Boy was never an option so I guess I'll have one of yours plus a smash and a protein...

Man do I remember those California vacations, driving in our Rambler American Station Wagon through the Kofa Mountains along the Az. Ca. border a million degrees out and no AC those were the days. We always went to Knotts Berry Farm and ate at Mrs. Knott’s Chicken Dinner Restaurant with the all you can eat biscuits and berry jam.

Thanks Sako it's been 25 plus years since I have had a Bob's Big Boy all are closed in Arizona to my knowledge. A Super Big Boy was never an option so I guess I'll have one of yours plus a smash and a protein...

:thumb:

Super Big Boy is "fairly" new. I also remember it just being the Big Boy.

Seriously living the good life there, my friend. But, when you cook like that, everyday is better than the previous. You nailed all of those burgers, and I did gasp when I saw the NY Strip that was about to be ground, but the end justified the means.

Dayum Neighbor. MSD is cooking Beef ribs and I am thinking I wish I had either one of those burgers.

excellent cook once again!

Farking Fantastic! It's been years since we've had a Bob's in PA. Got my first and only black eye in the parking lot of one of them, thrown out of and up in of another (twice), first time, umm, well you know, parents out of town ... misspent youth some would say, I'd do it all over except the black eye. The Big Boy, a farking staple! Used to dig the clam strip dinner too. ;>

Back