THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wow, shes a looker. I got one a little rougher off CL, that looks like that one, cant wait to decipher the born on date.
Does anyone know when they quit making them in US?

weber11-12-09034.jpg

Great score! Based on the instructions the 30000 series must've been the 18-1/2" Bar-B-Kettle and the 80000 series was probably the 26-3/4" model.

I'll bet a Weber collector would trade you a brand new One Touch for it.

Brad

happy for ya but also so so enviouse. i bit my cheek and 'am now sucking on blood. i would not use it. just put it out where i could look at it and enjoy the simple beauty of it.

My god man! Box it back up and will it to your grandkids. That is quite a relic.It would almost be a shame to cook on that thing. If it was a car you'd have to get historic plates for it!

Savannah River Site is just upriver, we are the only qualified disposal site for "toxic blue". obviously, you must send it here.

Man that is a find.
Yes, you could box it up and save it, but it really needs to breath. Fire it up and cook some pron.

I found Ole Blue on CL picked it up saturday am for......$45. I thought I was buying just a new unused grill, but when I found out it was 30 years old and blue I'm not sure I should use it.

See what happens when you come across something like this! Now you've got a Holiday dilemma on your hands!
Nice dilemma.
Guess you're going to have to come up with some unbias way to decide if you cook or no cook.
Good luck.

Now that there is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! You are lucky....I say set her up and cook!!! Weber kettles are awesome as you know!

I found Ole Blue on CL picked it up saturday am for......$45. I thought I was buying just a new unused grill, but when I found out it was 30 years old and blue I'm not sure I should use it.

Congrats, great find. Put that thing in the garage and just stare at it and rub it with a soft cloth every once in awhile!

Back