Harvest Brine, do I still season as usual?

BuffettFan

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Terry
Digging in the rub cabinet, I found a small package of Harvest Brine.
I remember buying it, then hearing about it can be too salty IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
I made sure to follow the instructions and amount of brine used.
It will be 6 hours or a little more before it goes on the kettle, in the rotisserie basket.

So. Do I season, use a low sodium season or just roll with the HB?

BTW, I'm on a lower sodium diet. Kinda.
So I'vr become a bit sensitive to overly salty food.

TIA!

Terry, I've used harvest Brine quite a few times and I would just roll with the Harvest Brine. No need to add anymore seasoning.

You're gonna like how it turns out.

Thanks Charles, that's what I'll do!
The bird is spinning away, looking and smelling gooood!

Thanks Marty.
The rotisserie basket gives it a bit of a "Roadkill" vibe, but it was pretty tasty!
I definitely want to do some more with the harvest brine.
Not overly salty at all! I actually added a sprinkle of coarse Kosher salt after tasting a few bites.
This one was very juicy after only a 7 or 8 hour dry brine.
I'll go overnight on the next one.

Last edited:
I use it with my Turkeys. Have not seasoned them. I think I remember seeing John use it on beef then used QSalt. Don’t see why you can’t season

We just finished off the rest of the chicken.
Even a few days later, and reheated, it was still one of the juiciest birds I've cooked, and I cook a LOT of chicken, probably 2nd only to Marty!
The rotisserie has a lot to do with the moisture, but my 1st impression of the Harvest Brine is very positive.
Looking forward to trying this a 2nd time to see if the results are the same.

I like to cook chicken thighs on my Egg. I use thirdeyes lite brine and use 1/2 of the salt. Its a wet brine. Always comes out awesome

Back