THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

radmanct

Knows what a fatty is.
To fully appreciate this post please open the following link in a new window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

My first attempt to post pictures.

The UDS, a big thanks to my FIL and irrad8 for their help and of course to all the great knowledge here. I'm just waiting on a basket to be built before I fire her up. I used a Char-Broil kettle lid to take advantage of the hinge.

Attachments

• uds.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 268
  • uds5.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 257
  • uds4.bmp
    101.7 KB · Views: 254
  • uds3.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 254
  • uds2.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 255
  • uds1.bmp
    101.9 KB · Views: 259
yes the lid fits perfectly right out of the box.

I was lucky, Menards had the grill on sale for 30 bucks. I can use the lid, grate, and charcoal grate. I used the handle for the bottom to repair an old weber lid for a UDS I built a co-worker.

To fully appreciate this post please open the following link in a new window. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMLnDuzgkjo

My first attempt to post pictures.

The UDS, a big thanks to my FIL and irrad8 for their help and of course to all the great knowledge here. I'm just waiting on a basket to be built before I fire her up. I used a Char-Broil kettle lid to take advantage of the hinge.
I like the hinge on the kettle lid. Do you have any detail photos of the hinge setup, preferably .jpg?

Luc

What JD said! Welcome to the club!
(Now I can't seem to get that song out of my head.:shock:)

What JD said! Welcome to the club!
(Now I can't seem to get that song out of my head.:shock:)
no chit...going to bewith me all night, which isn't a bad thing. This will be a good thread to follow. The brethren get all over a cool new mod like this one.

I will try with the jpeg pictures. Not sure where you can the hinges unless you can order directly from Char-Broil.

Attachments

• Hinge.jpg
    Hinge.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 123
  • Hinge 1.jpg
    Hinge 1.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 122
  • Hinge 2.jpg
    Hinge 2.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Hinge 3.jpg
    Hinge 3.jpg