NAS Pax River is Smoking!!!

Chief_USN

Knows what a fatty is.
My name is Chad and I am currently active duty Navy stationed at NAS Pax River in Southern MD. As my username states, I am a Chief with an avionics and helicopter background.
What brought me here? Well, this Presidents Day 2013 I was doing some smoking on my Brinkman ECB and well, it was painful. About every 15 minutes or so I was stoking or adding fuel to maintain temps. In between fighting with it, I was inside researching and came across these wonderful looking things called UDS's. So, for the last week, I have been researching and here I am. I won't go into details here in Cattle Call but as soon as I get more materials, I will start my UDS build thread. Thanks for having me and I hope to learn a lot as well as hopefully share some of my knowledge (what little I have) as well.

A little about my cooking experience:
I've been smoking on the ECB for about a year now. I have never had a bad meal off of it. Just tired of fighting with it to maintain temps. When I'm not smoking on it, I am usually grilling on my Char-Broil Tru-InfraRed grill. I love that thing. I will grill or smoke all year long. Outside temps usually don't bother me. Rain is about the only thing that will keep me from cooking outside.

A little about me:
I have served this wonderful country in the USN now for 19 years and I just re-up'd for another 3. More than likely I will retire at that time and hopefully land a good government job doing what I'm doing now just as a civilian. I'm married to a wonderful lady who can make the best darn cupcakes. I'm trying to get her to open a cupcake shop but she doesn't want to right now. I have 2 teenagers, a 15 year old punk as a son and a 12 year old girl who has an attitude that will drive you to drink. Don't get me wrong, I love em to death and will do anything to protect them from harm. They're just teenagers and well, if you have any of your own, you know what I'm talking about.

Hobby's other than cooking:
I am an avid R/C enthusiast and currently pretty active in the R/C helicopter hobby. I am a team pilot for one of the larger online helicopter vendors and love representing them at fun-flys and gatherings. I am also an avid DIYer and if I see something I think I can build or repair, I will. Hence the UDS build. I try and do all my own car repairs as long as I don't void any warranties. I also love aquariums and have a 75g freshwater with a custom 3D background that I built last year. If you're interested in it, I can post a link to the build thread on that. I'm pretty much an all around type of guy.

Well, enough about me. I kind of get carried away but that's the way I am. Thanks for having me and I'll see you on the forums.

Chad

Welcome from Central Indiana ! and Thank You Chief for Your Service !!

Welcome Chief and thank you for your service. I have already gone the route after active duty that you are looking forward to and will retire as a Federal Employee this coming Aug. I retired from the military in 88.

Lots of good info and much interest in UDS's here, you should be able to get advice easily. Enjoy, good folks here.

Welcome, Chad! I did 10 years myself as an FC, I got out just over a year ago. I'm a contractor working on base in Dahlgren doing almost the same thing I used to....just getting paid better and I go home every night! :mrgreen: you came to the right place. There's a wealth of info here!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Welcome and THANK YOU for your service to our great country.
If you are ever in this area, I'd be proud to shake your hand and buy you a beer!
You're amongst good peeps here, Welcome again.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. Looking forward to get my UDS's built and start smoking some meat. Again, Thank You

Chad

Back