Big Farkin' Sandwich

MS2SB

is Blowin Smoke!
I prepped this meal for the Big Farkin' Sandwich Trowdown going on here: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155843

I hope you enjoy.

Our story begins in the quiet village of Hunger. A peaceful village which has provided abundant meals to its inhabitants for generations. Delicious meals of smoked meats, grilled vegetables, hearty soups and perhaps its most comforting elixir, gravy, kept the villagers strong, satisfied and free from want.

For more than 33 seasons the villagers of hunger lived tasty, satisfied lives. That was until the evil Lord Diet unleashed his forces upon the tiny village. For more than a fortnight the Lord Diet's minions, lead by Queen Wifey laid waste to the village, burning it's crops, setting free its livestock and extinguishing it's cooking fires. The poor Hungerians, weak and malnourished were on the brink of defeat but their spirit was still strong. They waited patiently for an opportunity to strike back against Lord Diet and banish him from the world. Last night that opportunity presented itself when the ever vigilant Queen Wifey left her post overlooking the village to celebrate her certain victory in the style to which she had become accustomed, cocktails with friends.

The poor starving Hungerians seized upon the opportunity and called forth four heroes from the furthest corners of the Earth to wage the ultimate battle against Lord Hunger and defeat his forces for good. From the South came Chicken Thigh,
IMG_7264_zps9e7b242a.jpg

From the East Round Steak,
IMG_7257_zps3d3d98dd.jpg

From the West came Pork Chop
IMG_7261_zps0e3c00af.jpg

And from the North came the most famed warrior in all the land, Naked Fatty.
IMG_7256_zpse2d90367.jpg

Our fearless warriors came together on the outskirts of the Village of Hunger and began their preparation for battle. Upon meeting the other Heroes, Naked Fatty left his party to scout the enemy forces amassed on Mt. Traeger.

Chicken Thigh, Pork Chop and Round Steak went through the needler and cast iron crusher to get themselves nice and tender.
IMG_7271_zps7fa64635.jpg

When Naked Fatty returned from Mt. Traeger he had been transformed into a browned smokey super warrior. Their was party now complete our intrepid heroes began to assemble their battle armor.

First came
IMG_7268_zps00e9aa7e.jpg

to enhance their flavor, seasoned flour to boost their adhesion, buttermilk for its viscosity and tangy properties and flour and fine cornmeal to help seal in their delicious juices.
IMG_7272_zps569d727a.jpg

Our brave contingent made their way through the Village Hunger and headed to Mt. Traeger where they threw themselves into the heat of battle.
IMG_7276_zpsa1ae59e8.jpg

Knowing that the battle would be hard (about 425*) and long (35 minutes) the Hungerians began to prepare their most healing and comforting of potions to welcome their victorious saviors home, fatty & buttermilk gravy.

They began with bacon drippings,
IMG_7273_zpsf5576864.jpg

and then added flour to create a roux
IMG_7274_zpsa1ed4b7d.jpg

When it reached a golden color, buttermilk and chicken base were added along with copious amounts of black pepper.
IMG_7277_zpsc6abb185.jpg

This was simmered until thick at which point some naked fatty was added for good measure.

The villagers also prepared a victory bed for their embattled heroes, a CWB brushed with bacon drippings and toasted to a golden brown.
IMG_7281_zpsc682315d.jpg

As the battle raged on, the worst possible scenario unfolded. Queen wifey returned from her victory party to see her forces under attack. She unleashed her most dastardly weapons to try and keep Lord Diet's forces from being defeated!
IMG_7278_zps71e12f66.jpg

Thankfully for the Village Hunger, our courageous heroes had the battle well in hand and were able to fight off this dastardly counter attack. Victory had been secured! Our heroes returned to Village Hunger, browned and hardened from battle, but fully intact.
IMG_7279_zps450df134.jpg

They mounted their victory bed one at a time, each receiving a shot of rejuvenating Franks Red Hot to aid in their healing.

First came Pork Chop
IMG_7282_zpsf306d3ac.jpg

Followed by Round Steak
IMG_7283_zpsc8bba90a.jpg

Chicken Thigh
IMG_7284_zps708d4e6b.jpg

And finally our bravest warrior, Naked Fatty
IMG_7285_zps20b5d5b5.jpg

As our heroes settled in to their victory bed the Hungerians smothered them with their most famous concoction, buttermilk fatty gravy,
IMG_7286_zps32692636.jpg

And tucked them gently under the covers
(Entry Photo)
IMG_7287_zpsa7a18ffd.jpg

Victory has never tasted so good.

And a good night was had by all!!! ,You,Sir,may have just posted my most favoritest post of all time! I am both humbled and impressed at the play by play reporting on this most disturbing and prevalent war that has been raged by the insurgency.They stop at nothing,tofu,lettuce,no fat everything!!! It is an assault on our freedom and I appalude you for defending our heritage!Godspeed!There WILL BE a Company of homemade buttermilk biscuits,home cured,smoked,fried Country Ham and Red Eye Gravy served on this front with a platoon of Sunny Side Up eggs as backup in the A M ! Thank you for for your post!:wink:

Fan Farking Tastic !!! Another reason I Love this Place ..... Creative awesomeness everywhere !!! :shocked::shocked::shocked: :wink:

That was farkin great! I love bed time stories. Do one more! Do one more!

Thanks Westy, the story telling is one of the most fun parts of the Throwdowns! Not only great cooking going on, but some great story telling as well.

Wow! Tell me you did not put that whole thing down in one sitting!?!?!?!

Defiance was eventually overwhelmed by good sense. I polished off most of it, but was not able to finish the whole thing.

Back