I rarely use it because I don’t like the results
Seems to take forever.

Here is my flame on high.
Is this normal?

Attachments

• B60E8598-E0AE-43C3-A55E-BC17ADFE690A.jpg
    B60E8598-E0AE-43C3-A55E-BC17ADFE690A.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 141
I have had great success with mine Run it for 15-20 min before you put in the Turkey Try to build some kind of a wind break if needed Keep the mesh top on till you get the color you want on the bird Mine are done around the same time as above

How hot should it get in the chamber?
Under 300• seems low for "frying"

The point is that it is a infrared cooker. They are rated for a 16lb. bird. George is right that the top is for browning but I've used it longer in colder temps. Still got a great color. Be sure to insert bird into basket legs down. All you have to be concerned with is the internal temp in the deepest part of the breast. Trussing the bird helps and spraying the basket with PAM or like keeps it from sticking. I had a huge thread on this cooker at one time but photobucket left and I lost most pic's. Now I can't what's left of the thread here.

Good Luck with your cook!

OfH7eVL.jpg

8fLj1eH.jpg

It's not the heat in the chamber that matters, it's about the radiant infrared energy that cooks the meat, I start on high and cut back if I need to.

A little oil rubbed on the skin helps with browning and crisping the skin.

It's not the heat in the chamber that matters, it's about the radiant infrared energy that cooks the meat, I start on high and cut back if I need to.

A little oil rubbed on the skin helps with browning and crisping the skin.

This thing has two settings. Off/ON. Turn it up full. It does not try to "cook your bird, it heats the SS chamber to produce infrared energy. A 16lb. bird takes about 2hrs 45 mins. Maybe 3 in colder weather. You can plan for that. Your look at 6 hours from start to finish deep frying one. Heating the oil, the bird takes about 45 mins.oil cooldown time and disposal or recycle takes another 2. I know because I've deep fryed hundreds of them. Oilless is the way to go especially these days what with the cost of peanut oil and such.

Thank you all.
I attached and reattached numerous times.
Blew the connections clean with canned air.

I realize it is radiant infrared energy - but that is just another word for thermal energy or heat.

The internal temp of the chamber was less than 300° - that simply isn't enough heat/thermal energy/infrared to cook anything unless you have a lot of time.

After cleaning everything, the temp was in the mid 500° range.
Huge difference.

Thanks for the help.

Back