THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

There was a small eruption of Brethren contingency when Jeff got his call. I was exciting to be a part of it. As they counted down the top three home town teams and got to number one, Jeff is looking at me in the crowd like, "YOU!" It is so cool that most BBQ people, but especially Brethren, want to see each other do well. ALL Brethren were congratulating Jeff, Randy, and I.

While on the phone with Andy afterwards, I read to him the top 20. He was like, "Holy Chit!" There's a lot of GCs and RGCs in that group. I want to acknowledge the results of a one of the best cooks, great Brethren, and a great guy who DIDN'T get a call today. SloppyQ was 20th today in a very strong field. There were cooks in the top 25 that make me nervous when I see them pull in. Lee's been retooling his comp Q this year and his team. He was a solo cook this weekend with help from his wife. He's arse was dragging when I saw him at awards. All of his finishes were very respectable in the crowd. He was in the top 1/3 or top 1/5 in all of his
entries. Ribs were 18th and Chef's choice was 13th out of 77 teams! Lee, you improved greatly from Laurie & Warrensburg. Keep working at it, Brother!!! I hope you are proud of what you did today and the ground you gained. I'm proud of you, Brother!!! Glad to call you friend.

Thanks Todd for the good words and yes I was proud and very tired. This is why I hang out on this site, you and rest of the Brethren are truely friends. BTW I think Jeff found it.:biggrin:

Thanks, Lee! I was proud to see your strong finish, especially given the circumstances you described to me on Friday morning! GREAT job!!!

Congrat's to all...very cool:cool: Jeff, no more "I Lost it" talk....:biggrin:

Again, very cool guys!!!!!!!! Congrat's!!!

Congrats Jeff ,Tammy and Taylor Way to go!
Also Congrats to all the Brethren teams that walked.

Back