Best BBQ Rubs

For me Pig N Polka and Hog N Yard Bird. One of these days I want the try Plowboys Yardbird as it seems to have a lot of fans.

I cook around 1,500+ pound of pork each year, they keep coming back, just because a rub have some silly name or a high price on it doesn't make it good.

Best "all around" rub is Plowboys Yardbird. My favorite new rub is the Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub. Some others in my current arsenal include Plowboys Bovine Bold, Cimmaron Doc's, Smokin' Guns Hot, Dizzy Pig, Head Country, 3 Eyz, and Obie Cue.

Sounded like a couple of those rubs served you well this weekend. Congrats, Kev. :thumb:

BBQ rub is like loseing weight, there no magic diet and there is no magic rub that will make bad bbq good.

All Around I would put Texasbbqrub Original as my go to for new meats. Once I figure out how i like to cook a certain meat I usually make up a rub to cater to that.

Texas BBQ rub for me too. Original works for most anything. I use Brisket blend on and off on briskets and Texas wild for birds.

I've used some rubs put out by A.c.Leggs and they are all pretty good. I mainly use the sausage rub and the Texas BBQ rub. Of course I haven't tried many others so I'm still experimenting.

Back