Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Best backyard BBQ New London CT oct 14-15

Saturday, October 15

Sunny 63°
51°
Rise: 7:00 AM Set: 6:08 PM Rise: 8:00 PM Set: 10:24 AM
Sunny. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 50s.
UV Index: 4 (Moderate)
Relative Humidity: 71%
Precipitation: 0%
Snow Probability: 0%
Cloud Coverage: 0%
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous
Wind Speed: 10Mph (16Km, 8Kts)
Wind Direction: 259° (W)
i was just going to ask you if it was too early for a weather forecast, how about Friday?

Saturday, October 15

Sunny 63°
51°
Rise: 7:00 AM Set: 6:08 PM Rise: 8:00 PM Set: 10:24 AM
Sunny. Highs in the low 60s and lows in the low 50s.
UV Index: 4 (Moderate)
Relative Humidity: 71%
Precipitation: 0%
Snow Probability: 0%
Cloud Coverage: 0%
Moon Phase: Waning Gibbous
Wind Speed: 10Mph (16Km, 8Kts)
Wind Direction: 259° (W)
YAY!
Sledcast looks good!

Bunny, we were asked to do a couple of Demo's, I got someone to donate a Chilegrill for this event. After Calling on Monday, Tues, and Wed. at least 5 times as well as one of my team mates we had gotton no response! Many things were said to me on the phone the Thursday before and nothing solidified which is troublesome and had a sponsor back out for a Demo. Its now Thurs, a week before we pack-up and I have tried to even Call the Downtown Park Assoc number and it just rings. I do not want to find out last minute that it is cancelled and it leaves a bad taste in my mouth when we were doing this all for free, on our time and our money. I don't think a returned phone call was too much to ask.

Jimmy,
Just got off the phone with Barbara and she's back. She apologizes for not leaving a message on her machine to let everyone know she would be back today. She will be in her office tom morning. The contest is ON .. 15 teams or not. But it sure would be nice to get 15. Let's go guys!! Looks like a great weekend.

Rain should quit. In KC it's been dry for over a week and headed your way.:thumb:

I can't believe this hasn't filled up yet, bizarre

It's killing me not to be there. Great prize money and it's an automatic! But for us the Friday-Saturday thing is tough that weekend. Anyway, good luck, I hope you guys get 15.

-Mike

Friday is warmer but 30% chance of rain.

Hope we get 4 more. If we don't, ZBQ is a shoe in for GC. It would be just our luck to finally win one when it doesn't count. :tsk:

Is it the fri sat thing that's keeping people away? I wouldn't think so cause you can set up late fri. I've heard the "economy" but that's bs cause mst other contests had their usual attendance this year.I figured with Norwalk being close to 50 teams thats a bunch of entry fee returned. It's an auto as of right now . Decent prize money. Mind bottling

Going to be away that weekend. Otherwise we would be all over this. CT needed more than one contest and I can't believe we won't make this one. Best of luck to everyone! I hope you reach 15.

Maybe they need a new slogan or something:

"Come take a short walk on a long pier!" :icon_smile_tongue:

At 12 teams

Nick Rack BBQ
T’N’T Dynamite BBQ
Meat@Slim’s
Yabba Dabba Que!
Cousins BBQ
The Perfect Butt
ZBQ
MadMikes Smokin Hawg BBQ
Three Men and a Baby Back
New London Fire
Red Neck Caviar
The Purple Turtle Catering Company

If the teams that are waiting for this comp to hit 15 please just come out and say so, Barbara Neff will update the team listing and we will probably have 15 teams. So come on guys....come clean. I bet you there are at least 3 teams watching this contest. Let’s get this contest a Jack Qualifier. This is a great event on a cement pier over the water. There are showers, laundry services, and even free drink vouchers included in the gift bags upon arrival for some of the really nice waterfront bars within walking distance. I can’t believe this contest is not full. The organizer is even offering 10x20, 10x30 and up to 10x50 sites for no extra charge. LETS GO!!!!:whoo::whoo:

Anybody coming to this have a good source for ribs? I cant find good ribs if my life depended on it. Baby backs or spares no preference

2 More added an hour ago....we are at 14 teams. ONE MORE TEAM:clap2: Come on people. Get those apps in.....:boxing::boxing::boxing:

At 12 teams

Nick Rack BBQ
T’N’T Dynamite BBQ
Meat@Slim’s
Yabba Dabba Que!
Cousins BBQ
The Perfect Butt
ZBQ
MadMikes Smokin Hawg BBQ
Three Men and a Baby Back
New London Fire
Red Neck Caviar