Beer Can Chicken Holder Suggestions?

Lowes has these:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_289146-1337-0440-PDQ-L_4294857755_4294937087?productId=1081423&Ns=p_product_price|1&pl=1&currentURL=/pl_Grill%2BAccessories_4294857755_4294937087_?Ns=p_product_price|1

050904004406lg.jpg

I bought two for eight dollars.

I use this but I don't remember where I got it.

I have both of these and I like the single holder the best

DITTO - just picked up 2 of them this week, but I'm VERY curious to this Spatchcock method...

Heck, I see the chicken can thingys at Kroger (seasonal).

Spatchcocking (be sure to do a search n you'll find countless posts about that method) in it's simplest form is just butterflying the bird and laying it flat on the grill.

I just use the can itself and the chicken stands up just fine. I would like to get a turkey sized vertical holder though.

I bought a "Turkey Cannon" at Sportsmans Warehouse for about $20.
It holds the turkey at about 45 degrees, not vertical.

There is one school of thought that sticking a can of liquid up the chickens butt does absolutely nothing for flavor and or moisture. After a bunch of cooks a variety of different ways I subscribe to that school of thought.

Save your liquids...spatchcock that bird and enjoy chicken just as flavorful and moist.

I have the one from lowes. It looks slightly different from the one linked, but it works great and cleans up really nicely. While some would debate the effectiveness of the beercan in the chicken, the vertical orientation lets you cook a lot more chicken than if you spatchcocked them all. As mentioned before it was only like 4-6 bucks.
0501002355.jpg

Back