BBQ Pitmasters Season 2 a "Go"

If I sent in an audition tape I would be shaking like a dog chittin peach seeds.

I hope they bring back Jamie Geer, so I can get some more one liners. That guy is farkin hilarious!

That's what I said.
From reading the initial post on this thread, along with the article you posted, doesn't it kind of sound like it won't be all that different from the 1st season. To me it sounds like they are going to have the regular cast, but they will feature several teams each week so that they can have their own mini TLC competition within the actual competition that the cast is at that week. I think it's just adding another aspect, and could work out well in that there would always be someone winning the TLC competition, even if none of the castmembers get a call in the actual competetion. I could be completely off base, but that's my $.02.

I don't see anything that leads me to believe it won't still involve sanctioned events. I liked the old VS series anyway, so a clone of that wouldn't upset me either!
Sounds more like the old "VS" channel show that was on a while back more than BBQ Pitmasters to me.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

I don't see anything that leads me to believe it won't still involve sanctioned events. I liked the old VS series anyway, so a clone of that wouldn't upset me either!

According to what I read they are only filming April 30 - June 27. Not a whole lot of weeks to film actual competitions.

I guess I better get me a damn camera and tape about 4.5 minutes of me sayin damn. anybody have a damn camera I can use to tape a damn audition for the damn show?:thumb::crazy:

Sure liked the show, laughing at the 'Johnny Cash' of comp bbq sure was fun, that guy couldn't cook his way out of a paper sack.

Myron didn't bother me, but my tolerance is admittidly higher than mosts'.

Sure wish i had the cash to compete full time, I think the GrillBillies would do great on camera, and not too shaby at the judges' tabels. Being young and having young kids, we are lucky to scrape up the change to do one or two comps a year tops. Oh and TLC, if you're reading this... I can say Farkin' every other word, could be your new big thing.

Will they be releasing season one with bonus features?
Ill bet there was quite a bit cut out that would be fun to watch.
jon

I can't wait myself. I really enjoyed the first season. Wish I was good enough to be on it.

I Think Neil aka BigMista would have a shot. I liked him on camera cooking the fresh and easy grill packs on a talk show a while back. Go for it Neil:-D

To me, nothing was better than to listen to Myron spout off on everything from cooking rigs, lighter fluid, recipe stealing, judging, etc. and then watch his face as the locals took home the hardware! And he was great on Craig Ferguson! The man has personality. Spend a few hours watching the Food Network and maybe Myron's ok?!

I loved the first season. Even agreed with many of Myron's takes on things (especially on the Royal). I did think he was over the top on the swearing - seemed like he was forcing it a lot.

Looking forward to season 2.

I think the teams that enter their audition videos should use the terms, "MOINK Balls" and "Atomic Buffalo Turds" as often as possible. Oh, and say that while you wait for your brisket to cook, you like to smoke a few fatties!

I hope they don't get too gimicky with this. I think the first one was a success because of the personalities involved. You can only glamorize trimming chicken thighs to a certain point.

I loved the first season. Even agreed with many of Myron's takes on things (especially on the Royal). I did think he was over the top on the swearing - seemed like he was forcing it a lot.

Looking forward to season 2.

Sure, it's TV. In person Myron doesn't swear nearly as much, and is much more personable that the show depicts him.

I second the motion to get PopDaddy on. If they won't put him on the show, maybe he could help them edit it. "BBQ Funkmasters" :becky:

Here's my vote for the folks I'd like to see in the show...

Pork Pullin' Plowboys...(gotta have a "nice guy team" in there...:becky:)

barbefunkoramaque...(I believe Donnie could give Myron a run for his money...:boxing:)

Rick's Tropical Delight...(hey...someone's gotta show us all how to cook on camera...:thumb:)

Left Hand Smoke...(yeah that's us...):cool:

Did some smokin today . actually still smokin!! While I was smokin I made a tape for Pitmasters. Gonna send it in monday!!!!!! I aint skeered!
:cool:

Back