BBQ Pitmasters Season 2 a "Go"

Since they already had his flag in the intro, I think King Todd should be a shoe in. I think Clint would be good on the show too. And if they want to really make it interesting, throw in Pitmaster Donnie T. I can already see them filming the bagphone conversations with Popdaddy.

I caught this article and it looks like the show this time around will be more like the "BBQ Challenge Series" vs. following teams around the KCBS circuit like season one. I am checking with my sources to confirm this but here is the article...just in case that will deter anyone from applying since it sounds like it won't be like last time.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/450242-TLC_To_Revamp_BBQ_Pitmasters_Series.php

I caught this article and it looks like the show this time around will be more like the "BBQ Challenge Series" vs. following teams around the KCBS circuit like season one. I am checking with my sources to confirm this but here is the article...just in case that will deter anyone from applying since it sounds like it won't be like last time.

http://www.multichannel.com/article/450242-TLC_To_Revamp_BBQ_Pitmasters_Series.php

Sounds like they are going to ruin it. I hope I'm wrong.

He said they are looking to augment the cast from last season, so that sort of implies that the case will be back. I sure hope so anyway. It wouldn't be the same without Myron.

Myron Mixon said:
Damn straight it wouldn't be the same damn show. I'm the damn King of BBQ.

All joking aside, Nebraska is right. Myron adds the tang.

Sounds like they are going to ruin it. I hope I'm wrong.

Doesn't sound much different to me. Last season they basically competed against each other at each contest for the highest finish and then at the end they did the rib burn at Johnny Triggs that was just among themselves.

Either way it's got to better than the crapola we have to watch now:clap2:

I liked the last show best. I really was entertaining to see the judges reaction, especially when the "heat" was kicked up. Glad season two is coming.

How many auditions are going feature the word DAMN every 5th word? I'm betting most.

Doesn't sound much different to me. Last season they basically competed against each other at each contest for the highest finish and then at the end they did the rib burn at Johnny Triggs that was just among themselves.

Either way it's got to better than the crapola we have to watch now:clap2:

Sounds more like the old "VS" channel show that was on a while back more than BBQ Pitmasters to me.

Once again, I hope I am wrong.

Great news, but I am surprised they are changing the format...

From reading the initial post on this thread, along with the article you posted, doesn't it kind of sound like it won't be all that different from the 1st season. To me it sounds like they are going to have the regular cast, but they will feature several teams each week so that they can have their own mini TLC competition within the actual competition that the cast is at that week. I think it's just adding another aspect, and could work out well in that there would always be someone winning the TLC competition, even if none of the castmembers get a call in the actual competetion. I could be completely off base, but that's my $.02.

if myron is in it i won't watch. the guy instantly royally ticks me off. watched 1.5 shows last time and i want that time back.

Back