BBQ & Fly-In on the River (Wabash BBQ) Excelsior Springs, MO Aug. 15 & 16, 2008 ***Results Added***

Congrats to all that walked, job well done. What happened to your brisket Todd and did you grab my fan.

I think you mean ANDY'S brisket. :wink: He was beating himself up half the way home. Kept having to remind him that he won chicken. :roll:

I think you mean ANDY'S brisket. :wink: He was beating himself up half the way home. Kept having to remind him that he won chicken. :roll:

I was happy with the brisket, but it was not up to snuff apparently. Yes, I was the big loser, and tanked us. I am glad I didnt have to take a cab home :razz:

I was happy with the brisket, but it was not up to snuff apparently. Yes, I was the big loser, and tanked us. I am glad I didnt have to take a cab home :razz:

Glad to see that you are over it. :cool:

It WAS very, very good. Just doesn't play in Excelsior, I guess.

I'm over it.... I'm just sayin.... thats all :rolleyes:

Thanks for the ride :tongue:

I overcooked our pork at Elk grove and it ended up costing us the GC. I was kicking myself over it on the phone with Phil and he told me (I'm paraphrasing slightly) "You can woulda... coulda... shoulda yourself to death. Learn from it and fix it the next time you cook". Good advice, I think.

I'm over it.... I'm just sayin.... thats all :rolleyes:

Thanks for the ride :tongue:

You know the old saying, "Cash, grass, or ass... nobody rides for free." Good thing you made us some money on that chicken. :wink:

Congrats to everyone who walked...

The judges must have really hated our food...the best we scored was 17th in Pork...Very disappointing to say the least. What's sad is we were pretty happy with everything we turned in, so in this instance it's hard to fix something when you don't know what's broke.

What's sad is we were pretty happy with everything we turned in, so in this instance it's hard to fix something when you don't know what's broke.

You just just hit the wrong tables. Keep doing what you do and it'll come around.

You just just hit the wrong tables. Keep doing what you do and it'll come around.

After thinking about it a lot more, that's the conclusion we came to...We're not changing anything for our next comp...

Jeff

You know the old saying, "Cash, grass, or ass... nobody rides for free." Good thing you made us some money on that chicken. :wink:

Are you sure Andy paid cash for the ride home?
Or were Jeff's friends from the "Switchin' Post" involved?

Back