THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Okay, here is my official entry.

I call it redneck sushi. Some less discriminating eyes may say, "it's a fatty," but the sophisticated redneck knows this ain't no fatty.

I started with the traditional redneck sushi ingredients -- I shouldn't have to explain this, but it is bacon, sausage, clumpy rice, japolino peppers, and cheddar cheese...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I rolled it all up, using my best country-ninja skills...

picture.php

Now, this is where the fatty/sushi thing meets its redneck-zen thing. It ain't raw...

picture.php

After you cook it, as real food should be cooked, you have this roll thing that may look like a fatty, but only to people who paid more for their home than they did for their pickup -- something no self respecting redneck would ever do.

picture.php

Now you just need to cook it, and make a presentation worthy of your wife/sister, and all the kinfolk and friends who aren't in jail this weekend. Don't forget the redneck chopsticks, a bowl of vinegar-based dipping sauce, some hot peppers stolen from the neighbor's garden, and a jar of your best corn-liker.

picture.php

CD

Last edited:
BTW, the jar of "moonshine" is just water and lime juice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :becky:

CD

Thanx.

There is a name. It is "Bacon Wrapped Meatballs." :p
Not to be confused with that other name for
bacon wrapped, store bought meat-thingys.......

I thought the IMBAS ruled that homemade meatballs were allowed, or is that only if store bought meatballs aren't available?

CD

Back