BBQ Brethren "With Bacon" Throwdown!!!

With Bacon Entry

Please accept this as my "With Bacon" entry.

I have a pretty bacon heavy meal here, and there's nothing wrong with that! :thumb:

I started with some partially cooked bacon, and put it in the bottom of a burger press

_DSC0132.jpg

Then I topped that with Bleu Cheese crumbles

_DSC0135.jpg

Then I made a large burger patty in the other side of the press

_DSC0137.jpg

Then put the burger on the bleu cheese and pressed together, then placed the patty bacon side down on cast iron on my KJ, this seals in the bleu cheese

_DSC0138.jpg

Bacon seared side up now, patty on the grill grate

_DSC0139.jpg

I had already prepared a smoked bacon weave, placed on the bottom bun

_DSC0140.jpg

Then burger bacon side up

_DSC0141.jpg

Topped with a burger crown that was brushed in bacon fat and topped with bacon crumbles

_DSC0145.jpg

Plated with baked potato with bacon bits and chocolate dipped bacon for dessert. Please use this for the vote thread photo.

_DSC0146.jpg

All together with a brew.

_DSC0143.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Outstanding entries all! Man I wish I'd got an entry up... I've got home smoked bacon in the fridge! Oh well, I just got too caught up planning for the WOK TD... I'm sure I woulda got a zero though!

Cheers!

Bill

and then some dessert of chocolate pecan pie, blueberry tarts and Nanimo bars. What can I say the guy has a sweet tooth.

IMG_5675.jpg

Thanks for looking.

:icon_bugeyed

Ecode, my 80 year old mother makes the best chocolate pecan pie in the world. At least I thought she did until I saw this! If this tastes half as good as it looks, she might just have a run for her money!

Any chance you would be willing to share the recipe?

PS, if my mother asks, this conversation never happened! :spy:

Thank you for your help, brothers. I think my problem is with my own iMac and iphoto, I think somehow I've saved or warped my money picture though not really sure. It had to be that one, didn't it? I pulled another money picture out of iphoto trash which I'll post in the thread, I don't like it as much but I'm getting too frustrated and disappointed to go on like this. Next time I will not delete the photos from my camera while downloading so if I sabotage a good photo unknowingly I've got another chance with it. Aarrgghh!

Okay, posting what I have before my head splits open. Haven't even tried to put the photos in a thread yet.....

I'm a longtime Mac user, and I've never liked iPhoto. I am forced to use it to transfer photos to and from my iPad, but avoid it like the plague otherwise.

CD

A little late, but here is an awesome bacon breakfast snack.
a6f9c5a2-d418-3ffd.jpg
4b6cae0f-d46c-0cbe.jpg
4b6cae0f-d47e-b774.jpg
4b6cae0f-d545-8d27.jpg

-= Jason =-
Sent from a Galaxy Nexus far far away via Tapacrap

They look great. And welcome to the throwdowns.

Having said that, I'm going to be that guy. You need to request this to be a throwdown entry, at the top of the post and you are about 12 hours past the turn in time. :oops:

Please read the throwdown forum rules and keep cooking entries for the following throwdowns. :thumb:

Please use this as my entry... and sorry for not reading the new rules.

:tsk:
Tough acts to follow as usual, but here goes...
Found some PHAT bacon at the local butcher shop:
2012-06-12_10-40-06_220.jpg

Marinated some thighs in pineapple juice, red wine, garam masala, and cayenne pepper:

2012-06-15_12-58-14_858.jpg

Wrapped thighs in PHAT BACON:
2012-06-15_16-27-26_411.jpg

Got 'em hot on the OTS and served with a cheesy baked potato... with chopped PHAT BACON:
2012-06-15_17-23-10_787.jpg

For the $$$$:
2012-06-15_17-16-25_421.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I'm a longtime Mac user, and I've never liked iPhoto. I am forced to use it to transfer photos to and from my iPad, but avoid it like the plague otherwise.

CD

CD, you have no idea how good it feels to hear this. This good :clap2: ! I have always struggled with iphoto and just figured it was me. I switched from PC to Mac 7 years ago. I haven't put the time into learning my Mac and there are no classes (which would suit me the best) so I feel like I fell through the crack -- lost what I knew on PC and never really 'in the know' with my Mac. iphoto is almost too challenging so thank you for the soothing words. :grin:

A little late, but here is an awesome bacon breakfast snack.
-= Jason =-
Sent from a Galaxy Nexus far far away via Tapacrap

Those look great and are a great idea for people sleeping over and feeding them 'the morning after'. Thanks, Jason, always looking for breakfast ideas for many.

Back