BBQ Brethren "With Bacon" Throwdown!!!

Okay, here is my official entry.

I call it redneck sushi. Some less discriminating eyes may say, "it's a fatty," but the sophisticated redneck knows this ain't no fatty.

I started with the traditional redneck sushi ingredients -- I shouldn't have to explain this, but it is bacon, sausage, clumpy rice, japolino peppers, and cheddar cheese...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I rolled it all up, using my best country-ninja skills...

picture.php

Now, this is where the fatty/sushi thing meets its redneck-zen thing. It ain't raw...

picture.php

After you cook it, as real food should be cooked, you have this roll thing that may look like a fatty, but only to people who paid more for their home than they did for their pickup -- something no self respecting redneck would ever do.

picture.php

Now you just need to cook it, and make a presentation worthy of your wife/sister, and all the kinfolk and friends who aren't in jail this weekend. Don't forget the redneck chopsticks, a bowl of vinegar-based dipping sauce, some hot peppers stolen from the neighbor's garden, and a jar of your best corn-liker.

picture.php

CD

Last edited:
BTW, the jar of "moonshine" is just water and lime juice.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :becky:

CD

Thanx.

There is a name. It is "Bacon Wrapped Meatballs." :p
Not to be confused with that other name for
bacon wrapped, store bought meat-thingys.......

Nice bacon-wrapped meatballs, N8. Someone should come up with a clever name for those things.

CD :becky:

Thanx.

There is a name. It is "Bacon Wrapped Meatballs." :p
Not to be confused with that other name for
bacon wrapped, store bought meat-thingys.......

I thought the IMBAS ruled that homemade meatballs were allowed, or is that only if store bought meatballs aren't available?

CD

I thought if only store bought was not available....
but I could be mistaken.....it's happened before.....

Back