BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Pizza"

BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza done on a large BGE.

Smoked a butt the night before
DSC00389.jpg

BBQ sauce, pulled pork, chopped red onion, smoked gouda and mozzarella cheeses
DSC00392.jpg

On the egg (cilantro was added after the last pic)
DSC00394.jpg

DSC00395.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

Please use this shot for the throwdown:
DSC00399.jpg

Ok not holding a stick to any of the above, but holy cow I had a great day smoking and a great evening making these pizzas.

2 chuck eyse on the spice.

IMG_0297.jpg

Olive oil, wortchestershire sauce, garlic, onions, and shrooms on the gasser, with onions grilling in the background.

IMG_0308.jpg

Wheat dough cooked on the grill, then topped with BIG BROTHER SMOKES sauce, then I added sliced chuck eye, onions and shrooms and topped with blue cheese crumbles, with a further drizzle of BBS sauce. (Guys and gals, do yourself a favor and get some of the sauce from Steph. AWESOME)
IMG_0321.jpg

Second is what we call THE BUTT BURNER, simple sauce of tomato paste with pepercinni (sp) choped and juice added to the paste. Pepperoni slices, jalepano's, five cheese mix and Tapito, crust also grilled.
IMG_0317.jpg

Paired on the plate. The one I would like to enter in the throwdown.
IMG_0324.jpg

Moinkball iron skillet pizza

This is my first time in a throwdown and first time making pizza.

Ingredients
DSC01063.jpg

DSC01061-1.jpg

DSC01062.jpg

Into The Skillet
DSC01065.jpg

In The Smoker
DSC01066.jpg

Done!
DSC01067.jpg

DSC01070.jpg

Here is my entry... Think I went to heavy on ingredients.

Picture2114.jpg

Pepperoni, Onion, Mushroom and Green Pepper

Picture2123.jpg

Picture2137.jpg

Hamburger, Bacon and Pepperoni

Picture2145.jpg

Picture2177.jpg

This is gonna be more like a Pizza Cage Match, than a Throwdown. MtnMan............you just showed me ANOTHER great use for my cast iron skillet!! That is awesome.

Ham, pineapple & mushrooms? What else? Looks great! I love pizza!!!

Thanks. Man I love pizza too. It's pork tenderloin, pineapple, mushrooms, fresh mozzarella, regular mozzarella. My neighbor bought the dough at a local pizza joint. Had a nice crunchy stretch!

Happy Monday!

Chris

I had trouble with my ISP yesterday, so was unable to upload my entry. I hope I still made it in time!

So here's my homemade pie: Sausage & Mushroom, grilled on the Kingsford Oval. I must say, it turned out GREAT!

Attachments

• 43600006.jpg
    43600006.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 66
This was a awesome throwdown... all the pies look great:biggrin:

Unfarkinbelieveable! I'll never go to Cici's Pizza again, not that it was any good, just fast for lunch. I'd love to be a PCJ (pizza cerified judge) at you guys event. Im sorry, I cant vote. All too good. Thx for sharing.

Back