BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Pizza"

sorry, but i'm addicted to the colors on this pizza!

pizzamarinara-009.jpg

pizzamarinara-009_2.jpg

Grilled pizza loaded....

Here is my entry:

The ingredients:
pizza00.jpg

The sauce- Ragu "Homemade Pizza Sauce"
pizza001.jpg

Shredded Mozzarella cheese and pepperoni:
pizza003.jpg

Next roasted red peppers, sliced Spanish olives and mushrooms:
pizza004.jpg

Fontina cheese and mushrooms:
pizza005.jpg

Topped with hickory smoked bacon:
pizza007.jpg

On the grill:
pizza008.jpg

The finished product:
pizza0011.jpg

The reward:
pizza0013.jpg

Pizza Throwdown

DSC07133a.jpg

Boy, I can tell this is going to be a tough week, there are some fantastic entries so far. I decided to go with a simple favorite......a potato pizza with my favorite baked potato toppings, added after cooking. Here is the lowdown on this Baked Potato Pizza. (I'll go with the picture above for my entry)

The sauce is olive oil, grated Parmesan, Italian herbs and salt. It's really just a paste, about 3 tablepoons worth. While the cooker was coming up to temp, I parboiled the potatoes. The assembly was sauce, crumbled blue cheese, mozzarella, potatoes (salted, peppered and drizzled with olive oil), more mozzarella, and some cheddar. Egged at 425° for about 15 minutes. The second round of toppings were sour cream, green onion tops and bacon crumbles.

DSC07110a.jpg

DSC07116a.jpg

DSC07120a.jpg

DSC07122a.jpg

DSC07130x.jpg

DSC07136b.jpg

As much effort as there was time for...

I'm averaging 70+hrs per week right now and so could not invest a lot in this throwdown. But, with they help of the SaucyWench (I used her sauce) I did actually COOK something.

The Wench's latest mild BBQ sauce on home a made sourdough crust (from the freezer).

photo20090222-132332-0029.jpg

Pulled pork (again, from the freezer) and cheddar

photo20090222-133230-0034.jpg

...on the drum...

photo20090222-140654-0045.jpg

And ready to munch on

photo20090222-142854-0051.jpg

I'd show a picture of me eating some but even I wouldn't do that to youz guys. :lol: <bgb>

Boy, I can tell this is going to be a tough week, there are some fantastic entries so far. I decided to go with a simple favorite......a potato pizza with my favorite baked potato toppings, added after cooking. Here is the lowdown on this Baked Potato Pizza. (I'll go with the picture above for my entry)

The sauce is olive oil, grated Parmesan, Italian herbs and salt. It's really just a paste, about 3 tablepoons worth. While the cooker was coming up to temp, I parboiled the potatoes. The assembly was sauce, crumbled blue cheese, mozzarella, potatoes (salted, peppered and drizzled with olive oil), more mozzarella, and some cheddar. Egged at 425° for about 15 minutes. The second round of toppings were sour cream, green onion tops and bacon crumbles.

nice!

Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza on the drum

tomato basil dough, docka docka docka

photo20090222-123516-0012.jpg

simple homemade sauce

photo20090222-123946-0013.jpg

browned ground beef with toasted fennel seed

photo20090222-124238-0020.jpg

topped with mozz, cheddar & bacon

photo20090222-125158-0024.jpg

half cooked on BUB

photo20090222-132000-0028.jpg

Done!!

photo20090222-134006-0039.jpg

I almost did a cheese burger pizza, I'm glad I didn't.....I couldn't have topped that. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap After slicing I put mustard and pickles or maybe jalapenos on mine, do you?

Never thought of adding mustard & pickles! Cheeseburger pizza has been a favorite of ours for years, and adding bacon was a no-brainer-everything is better with bacon.

Smoked Hawaiian Pizza

There are some really tasty looking entries this week but I gotta give it a shot. These were cooked last Sunday on the gasser. The only thing that saw the inside of an oven was the tomatoes for the sauce.

This one started out with some fresh Roma tomatoes diced, minced garlic, oregano and basil tossed together in Evoo. Then roasted at 400 for an hour.

image1-1.jpg

The tomatoes were added to a couple of jars of store bought pizza sauce and simmered for 15 minutes before being spread onto a BC pizza crust.

image4-1.jpg

Topped with a 4 cheese Italian blend, smoked ham (from the freezer) and pineapple chunks.

image8.jpg

In the gasser, for easier temperature control, at 375 for 30 minutes. The smoke came from some Oklahoma peach that I couldn't leave behind when we moved. The second pizza is for the kids with only cheese.

image11-2.jpg

There was some sauce and cheese left over so I put them on some Roghani Nan for a flat bread pizza which was actually pretty good.

image15-1.jpg

Here's the finished product right out of the smoker.

image20.jpg

And my plate with a couple of slices.

image27.jpg

I had a ham and pepper jack stuffed fattie on to cook also. I used the left over pineapple juice, some brown sugar and a little ground ginger to make a paste that was injected into the fattie. The remainder was drizzled over the top after it cooled off.
The pizza's were great but the injection and drizzle on the fattie made for an awesome desert.

image17.jpg

All I got to say is, glad I did not enter this one :!::icon_shy:eek::roll::shock::eusa_clap :icon_bigsmil

I learned in Italy a few months ago, that it doesn't take many ingredients.
I also learned a couple weeks ago, I may never use pizza sauce again, and my pizzas may never see the inside of an oven.

A fresh Papa Murphy crust with olive oil and crushed garlic.
A little 3 blend cheese and Canadian bacon.
100_2782.jpg

Added some sweet peppers, scallions, red pepper flaeks, salt and cracked pepper.
100_2787.jpg

Topped with Mozzarella
100_2789.jpg

To prove it was cooked with wood.
100_2793.jpg

Done. I think this will be my entry shot.
100_2796.jpg

100_2797.jpg

This didn't last
100_2802.jpg

Loved the "TEXAS " cutouts. You get points for that originality. glad you showed it early in the construction of the pie before it got lost in the toppings. Nice job Bowhunter!

Grilled Chicken and Artichoke Pizza's

Well pizza acomplished!! Only, I lost my well seasoned stone on the grill.:icon_frow I guess she must have been really hot and split like the Mississippi.:-? I did a couple different variations of the same pizza. I used grilled red onion, roasted red peppers,green peppers, artichoke hearts, grilled oregano chicken, a blend of some good Mozzerella and Brick cheese and store bought Roasted Garlic Alfredo Sauce. Our friends were likin the plate! All as I was double smokin a ham and another breakfast fatty for work tommorrow.:wink:

Attachments

• IMG_0773.jpg
    IMG_0773.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0764.jpg
    IMG_0764.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0776.jpg
    IMG_0776.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0769.jpg
    IMG_0769.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_0767.jpg
    IMG_0767.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 102
Loved the "TEXAS " cutouts. You get points for that originality. glad you showed it early in the construction of the pie before it got lost in the toppings. Nice job Bowhunter!

Thanks, I was beginning to think no one noticed it at all. That was also my wife's input for this throwdown.

The scallion is Dallas :biggrin:

Did I make it in time??

Just cooked za tonight. Can't wait to look thu the other entries....wow 6 pages!

Cheers
Chris
Za.jpg

Back