THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow I really wish I could be partaking in all this Spammy goodness :shock:, but unfortunately, I've got other things to eat. I'm sorry Bigabyte didn't call a "Sausage on a Stick" throwdown. Bob and I probably would be the only ones interested.

IMG_2408.jpg

Holy Farkity Fark! Those look like some serious snausages! :hungry::becky:

Persian SPAMotch Egg Sandwich W/Cheese!

I warned ya it was coming and here it is!:boxing:

I give you:
Persian SPAMotch EGG Sandwich with Cheese!

The goods:
253.jpg

The eggs got boiled and the meat grinder got set up. In went one can worth of SPAM!
262.jpg

Then came some seasonings. Didn't go very crazy with this, just hit it with some Pig Pollen and Chicken dust.
265.jpg

The Eggs were then Shelled.
266.jpg

Once the ground SPAM was mixed up, I took 1/4 of the mix and flattened it out in my hand.
268.jpg

Then added an egg.
269.jpg

All that was left was to get the meat wrapped around the egg. This really wasn't that difficult given the fat in the SPAM. Remeber when making Scotch Eggs, fat in your sausage is important.
270.jpg

Onto the smoker they went for about 1.5 hours. Spam seems to take longer to set up then regular pork sausage.
272.jpg

271.jpg

Then it was time to take care of the Persian side. I got some oil hot for deep frying. The cinnamon rolls were then taken out of the tube.
279.jpg

And smooshed flat. This is a very important step.
280.jpg

Then into the oil until golden brown.
282.jpg

They can be seen in the background of this picture.
289.jpg

The SPAMotch Eggs came off along with the other goodies I had cooked up.
278.jpg

Now for the assembly:
It starts with two Persians.
mms_picture-6-1.jpg

Which then get iced.
mms_picture-5-1.jpg

Then comes a slice of cheese.
0727111035.jpg

The SPAMotch Egg is sliced.
mms_picture-4-2.jpg

And added to the sandwich
mms_picture-3-2.jpg

Then the other persian goes on top, frosting side down.
mms_picture-2-2.jpg

0727111036b.jpg

Then popped into the microwave to melt the cheese.
0727111038.jpg

Now, for the bite!
mms_picture-1-4.jpg

OOOOOH MY FARKING LORD! :faint:
This was so insanely good! :hungry:
Let me break the flavor profile down for you. When you first bite into it, you get the donut like crispness of the Persian with a nice earthy cinnamon hit, followed by the sweetness of the frosting mingling with the creaminess of the cheese. Next come the seasoned, savory, salty hit of the SPAM followed up by the lightness of the egg white and the creamy if not a hint of sour yolk. It's amazing how everything married together so well. Infact, it is so good. I had to have another one this morning!
mms_picture-15.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Yet again, I apologize for the lack of quality in these pictures. Also, you may not want your cardiologist to see this. :twisted:

:drops the mic and walks away: :cool:

I had a feeling this was coming but didn't want to ruin the surprise. I admit, that looks pretty damn good. I really don't know how exactly you are able to take a bite of the whole thing but wow, that is great!

Does the BBQ Brethren insurance plan cover routine checkups? I am thinking there will be a line at the clinic by the end of the summer.

Huevos SPAMcheros!

This morning I awoke and knew EXACTLY what I wanted for breakfast. So I set off to fix some up.

I started with some SPAM.
r_IMG_0935.jpg

I set it up to smoke indirect using about 1/3 chimney of charcoal and a couple chunks of Pecan wood.
r_IMG_0936.jpg

I let it get good and smoky.
r_IMG_0937.jpg

I cut it into two halves, each half to be used separately.
r_IMG_0938.jpg

The first half was cut into roughly 1 inch cubes...
r_IMG_0939.jpg

...and added to a crock with some presoaked Pinto Beans.
r_IMG_0940.jpg

I let this go on high until the beans were tender, by which point the SPAM was floating!:shock:
r_IMG_0941.jpg

I drained the Beans and Spam.
r_IMG_0942.jpg

I then took the other half of the smoked SPAM and an Onion.
r_IMG_0943.jpg

I chopped up the SPAM and half the Onion like so.
r_IMG_0944.jpg

And put it in a pan on the kettle to sautee until the onions started to brown.
r_IMG_0945.jpg

I then added the Beans and SPAM...
r_IMG_0946.jpg

...and mashed those SPAM and Beans up adding some of the reserved bean liquid to thin, and then cooked until the desired thickness.
r_IMG_0947.jpg

I then grilled up a tortilla real quick like...
r_IMG_0948.jpg

...and topped it with some of the ReSPAMmmed Beans.
r_IMG_0949.jpg

I then fried up an egg, over easy...
r_IMG_0950.jpg

...and put that on top of the ReSPAMmed Beans along with some hot sauce.
r_IMG_0951.jpg

Huevos SPAMcheros take a little while to make from scratch, but it was worth the wait!:thumb:
r_IMG_0952.jpg

Back