BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Of course it was delicious! How can you go wrong with those ingredients? I won a TD with basically the same recipe except I used kielbasa instead of spam. Maybe good luck for you?
My new strategy is to make dishes you have won with. I kinda figured that's my best hope.:becky:

I admit in my youth, I loved the fried Spam my grandmother served on thick-sliced homemade white bread, each slice of which had about 5 tablespoons of butter on it (and you think any of these creations look unhealthy?). I had it recently. Although it was exactly the same flavor, I just could not stomach it. My vote so far is firmly planted with the pineapple upside down cake. Based on the polling in this thread in which 42% do not like Spam, that cake should win in a landslide, since it does not taste like Spam. However, I do expect that most of the Spam haters will not vote in protest. It will be interesting, nonetheless. There are some great creations.

I am not a fan of just fried SPAM of SPAM burgers on bread or in a bun. It worked well when cut with other beef patties, or other ingredients. Just on its own though...I'm not sure what it is...but I can't finish one.

My 15 year old also had a burger made with a beef patty and a SPAM patty and loved it. The next day though, he asked for a SPAM patty and had it by itself on a bun, and he couldn't finish it either. SPAM just needs something...

This is just my opinion though. Some folks love it straight out of the can. Nothing wrong with that.

I am not a fan of just fried SPAM of SPAM burgers on bread or in a bun. It worked well when cut with other beef patties, or other ingredients. Just on its own though...I'm not sure what it is...but I can't finish one.

I love the bacon SPAM just fried in butter with hot toast and scrambled eggs...the regular, not so much.

I love the bacon SPAM just fried in butter with hot toast and scrambled eggs...the regular, not so much.

I've never tried Bacon SPAM, but I've made some pretty tasty SPAM and cheddar omelets before. Cooked in butter, of course.

CD

My FIRST entry. :becky:

Deep Fried SPAM Candy.... on a stick!

We start with SPAM.
258.jpg

Then we slices it.
259.jpg

Then we skewer it.
260.jpg

Next comes the rub and some extra raw sugar.
264.jpg

Then on to the smoker to get happy.
273.jpg

271.jpg

About an hour later.
278.jpg

Next, we get the oil hot and mix up some Tempura Maple Syrup Beer Batter. And the fun continues!
283.jpg

284.jpg

289.jpg

Mmmmm... better test one right away.
285.jpg

287.jpg

Ooooooooh yeah! That be some good stuff there. But, if I were at the fair, how would I serve it up?
mms_picture-14.jpg

Yep, that's the ticket, a little No Butz for dipping.
0727111244b.jpg

0727111245.jpg

Oh FARK YES! Now that is how we get our SPAM on!

Oh my! :clap::clap::clap:

As a precaution, the ambulance is on its way and the heart surgeon has been paged.

What are the mystery balls?

Back