BBQ Brethren "Summer of SPAM" Throwdown!

Do you like SPAM?

• I DON'T LIKE SPAM!!!

Votes: 30 28.0%
  • I love it. I'm having spam spam spam spam spam spam spam beaked beans spam spam spam and spam!

Votes: 58 54.2%
  • As long as it doesn't have very much SPAM in it.

Votes: 16 15.0%
  • Lemon Curry?

Votes: 3 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OH

MY

GAWD!!!

:jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw::jaw:

:love::love::love::love::love:

I think I just creamed my pants!

:becky::becky::becky::becky::becky:

And I did see the shakers, but all I see now is farking AWESOMENESS!!!

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

I am defeated.

@ REDHOT

Wow... now that is something you do not see everyday!

And you know what? Since they are made of SPAM, they will last a few days!
That is... if there is any left over. You had me at the marshmallow fluff!

I'm really going to have to rethink my next entry. That is if I do multiple entries at all. I still have lots of SPAM. I mean, how the fark do I top Fried Twinkie Spam with Pepper Jelly, let alone Spandy Bars? I thought the cake might be the way...but now I'm not so sure...

spambarsbiga.jpg

Another team entry, this time with Bigabyte and Smiter Q and Redhot? Didn't realize that Redhot was using Smiter Q's cookware. Where can I get some cookware with "Gore" etched in it. That's really cool. :shock:

OK, re-plated and ready to go...although I must admit some were consumed in the making of, and the re-plating of these tonight. They're kinda, um, irresistable in fact! First, using the directions on the back of one of my cans of SPAM, I empty two cans of these gelatinous blobby thingys - one is lower sodium, the other with bacon - can you tell the difference? I rinse the gelatinous residue first, then dry...
gelatinousblob.jpg

The ingredients...
Ingredients-4.jpg

Then I slice in 1" cunks, mix dark brown sugar and cinnamon and coat half but ran out of brown sugar so added tubinado with cinnamon for the second half. Several of these were sliced in half lengthwise for future "filling"
onrack.jpg

On the grill they went...
onthegrill-5.jpg

Yum! I ate a few before the actual build 'cause they were just so sweet smellin' and calling for me! Oh, and Chris, can't you see my shakers there in the background?
readytobuild.jpg

herewego.jpg

Then the ones I cut in half lengthwise were slather with marshmallow cream and another SPAM slice placed on top, it was hard for me to keep deguerre outta these at this point!
filling.jpg

They were all then bathed in melted dark chocolate then rolled in their designated finishes

coconut for one...and, ladies, brace yourselves....
plated1-3.jpg

Chocolate and peanuts for the rest! YUM! Way better than I thought it would be. Told my superviser about my creation after she was interested in the SPAtay and she went, "EEK, just barfed in my mouth a little, but show me pictures" little did she know!!!!:thumb: SPAM can be transformed into a thing of beauty! As seen in my TD pic next!
maybe.jpg

Weber Performer/Cajun Bandit "Cajun Queen"
GOSM "Bubba Q",
Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl"
ET-73
I WON A BBQ TD WITH NOOO MEAT BABY!
Recipes were made to be modified
user_online.gif
progress.gif

This is maddness! Or...This. Is. Spamarta!

Very cool Redhot. I really liked the marshmallow sandwich ones but don't see them in the final product. Did that all get gobbled up before class photo time? You guys (and gal(s)) are really raising the bar. I have a plan for the ultimate Spamplified meal but pulling it off all at once for good photos is gonna be a trick.

Very cool Redhot. I really liked the marshmallow sandwich ones but don't see them in the final product. Did that all get gobbled up before class photo time? You guys (and gal(s)) are really raising the bar. I have a plan for the ultimate Spamplified meal but pulling it off all at once for good photos is gonna be a trick.

plated1-3.jpg

Far left - the mello is oozing out the sides.:becky:

Yep, the marshmallow mixed with the hot spam juice and melted chocolate and oozed out of the spamich making a rather tasty cream!:shock:

Yep, the marshmallow mixed with the hot spam juice and melted chocolate and oozed out of the spamich making a rather tasty cream!:shock:

Please forgive me for being a Spam Hater, but after reading that description I hope I'll be able to eat chocolate again without needing therapy. Strange how a Ribeye Murderer and Chocolate Murderer found each other.

Well holy crap. I thought I had a good idea, but it's going to pale in comparison. Great job Redhot!

Bananaspamajama

Cooked this up for the SPAM Throwdown today....

Smokin_Pot_Banana.jpg

The Players.....
1s.jpg

Peel and quarter some nanners....
2s.jpg

Add some Chocolate Liquor....
3s.jpg

Mash it up real good...
4s.jpg

Fill Jalapeno Boats with nanner mash and a sliced chunk of SPAM....
5s.jpg

Wrap up a big ol bowl full with Bacon...
6s.jpg

Fired up a Chimney of Kingsford for the RedHead Weber...
7s.jpg

Weber set on Stun....I've got two chunks of Black Cherry in there and I dusted the Bacon With Simply Marvelous Cherry Rub
8s.jpg

Thirty minutes of Weber Love...Time to pull 'em off...
9s.jpg

Delightful!!!!! I'll be doing this again!!!
10s.jpg

Last edited:
Back