THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was wondering when Moose would enter a pizza. No if, but when.

I'll take the pizza margherita, please. :hungry:

CD

I thought the entries had to be circular to qualify. You're not going to get a good value of pi with either of those entries. :tsk:

That may be true, but they sure tasted good! :p

BTW, for the non whack-a-doodles in here who don't know, we whack-a-doodles have a right-winger vs. liveral running gag on the forum -- and the irony of Jeff Foxworthy endorsing Mitt Romney was too good to pass up.

Don't withhold your vote for me because your political opinions are different. :becky: In other words: Wrong.

CD

Well, I don't know if I'm a right winger or a liveral. What was Vlad?:tape:
Personally, for me, that pie you made, and especially the photo of it, will be extremely hard to beat.

You know how it is when you have so many ideas that you don't know what to do, so in the end you just decide to do them all? Well, that is what I decided to do. I normally make some pies for Pi Day. What can I say I like Pi perhaps because it's irrational ... and nobody seems to hold that against it. This time, I began a bit differently and decided to make some pizza. I had some homemade pizza dough already to go, along with the sauce, so it was pretty easy to get it ready with some sausage, cheese, and pepperoni.

IMG_4942.jpg

Had the Oval humming along all day. At 450*, this Pizza Pi was finished in under 6 minutes.

IMG_4951.jpg

What took the time was preparing dessert. I had one pie crust that needed to be cooked

IMG_4923.jpg

and then filled with pastry cream.

IMG_4926.jpg

I finished this off with blueberries and kiwis:

IMG_4935.jpg

Meanwhile, I prepared the filling of a chocolate pecan pie because someone thought that would be a good idea and his favorite pie.

IMG_4922.jpg

and cooked this with another pie crust that was being prepped for a cherry-blueberry pie:

IMG_4924.jpg

This latter one was finished all on its own:

IMG_4925.jpg

I put on an upper crust of numbers

IMG_4937.jpg

while I let the chocolate pecan pie set:

IMG_4936.jpg

So, for dessert we had lots of pi:

IMG_4941.jpg

to go with our dinner of pi (since one of these things is not like the other, use the pic with just the three pi's for the Throwdown pic):

IMG_4947.jpg

Sliced, you can check out the interiors:

IMG_4958.jpg

IMG_4957.jpg

IMG_4955.jpg

which reminded me of

IMG_4963.jpg

Thanks for looking!

No ecode, I don't know what it's like having too many ideas in my head. Sometimes just one at a time seems like too many. Those are some mighty fine pi's you have there! Nice work, again!

I had an idea for the Red White and Blue Throwdown but lost out to Mother Nature. The pi throwdown gave me an opportunity to give it a try.

IMG_1488.jpg

This is a riff on the "Redneck Quiche". I started out by turning some Blue Corn Chips into crumbs and then turning the crumbs into a pie shell.

IMG_1490.jpg

IMG_1491.jpg

After pre baking my shell I loaded it up with cheese, and taco pie inspired filling.

IMG_1494.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

Egg Baked at 400 for about 40 minutes.

IMG_1498.jpg

IMG_1499.jpg

Served with a little lettuce and sour cream.

IMG_1516.jpg

I was worried the blue corn chips wouldn't hold up but they stayed crunchy and the cheese sort of held it all together. Thanks for looking.

For Pi day, I had to have a Pi. One of my favorites is a French Canadian meat Pi known as a Tourtière.

A Tourtiere normally has ground beef, ground pork and ground veal.

I used; diced smoked chuck, diced pastrami, and ground pork sausage.

IMG_1239.JPG

IMG_1251.JPG

IMG_0451.JPG

Added potatoes and onions and some spices.
IMG_0454.JPG

That all goes into a pot to get cooked up. (in the case of the smoked chuck & pastrami - twice-cooked). A bottle of Torpedo IPA from Sierra Nevada adds the moisture needed.

IMG_0457.JPG

IMG_0461.JPG

After it I take it off the heat, I let it cool in the fridge.

Once cool I lay out two pies
IMG_0462.JPG

Fill 'em up
IMG_0463.JPG

IMG_0465.JPG

Stick a lid on them
IMG_0467.JPG

On the Weber at 350 they go.

Resting on window sill

IMG_0470.JPG

IMG_0471.JPG

IMG_0473.JPG