BBQ Brethren "Beer, Wine & Spirits" Throwdown

I would say it's mandatory! :icon_devil

If its mandatory, Mista wins that throwdown for his "DeGlazing the Chef" recipe

DeglazeChef.jpg

How does someone go about entering one of these Throwdowns? I just might be interested in this, it sounds like fun.:wink:

Quick ?. When blind baking a pie crust, is it extremely necessary to fill it with dry beans, etc? How bad will an instant pie crust really rise if baked in a CI skillet if it's an instant type crust? I'm trying to form a strategy.

Tanks,

Bob

How does someone go about entering one of these Throwdowns? I just might be interested in this, it sounds like fun.:wink:

The rules are at the begining of the thread. Very simple. Your dish must somehow be prepared in a smoker or grill or contain an element that was grilled or smoked and then preferably prepped outdoors. Stay out of the kitchen, stove, and oven as much as possible. Post your pics and a little play by play on this thread and specify which pic you wnat entered into the throwdown. Beer, wine or booze must be an ingredient somehow in your dish, not just the fluid to wash it down.
Think...........rum cake baked in an Egg or a kettle, etc. Or a tequila marinaded something grilled over coals or even on a gasser if that's all that it at the disposal. But, above all, remember, it's for fun!

Hey!:mad: I'm working on it!! Just have not decided on the cooker yet - pretty sure it's going to be a WSM but would really love an BGE ($) - Bubba Keg is also appealing.

dig a hole and get some charcoal :biggrin:

The rules are at the begining of the thread. Very simple. Your dish must somehow be prepared in a smoker or grill or contain an element that was grilled or smoked and then preferably prepped outdoors. Stay out of the kitchen, stove, and oven as much as possible. Post your pics and a little play by play on this thread and specify which pic you wnat entered into the throwdown. Beer, wine or booze must be an ingredient somehow in your dish, not just the fluid to wash it down.
Think...........rum cake baked in an Egg or a kettle, etc. Or a tequila marinaded something grilled over coals or even on a gasser if that's all that it at the disposal. But, above all, remember, it's for fun!

Excellent, thanks Bob for the info. I didn't realize you just had to submit pics. etc. back to this thread to enter.

Now I just have to figure out what to make...:idea::idea::idea:

If it weren't for Rule 2, I'd say we'd have a winner.

2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 11/6 - 11/15 ).

I guess that was just practice. I wonder what the final dish will look like.

edit: My bad, wasn't aware of the date! Was this cooked today?

Last edited:
Dang....you guys are funny!:lol:

Thanks Mama for letting me know!

Drinking some of Dennessey's Hennessey Applejuice while guarding the pork...

IMG_0510.jpg

Back