Contest Announcment Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Long Island, NY

Update

I will be working with the individual who is handling the repositioning of the park and the lot assignments to try to accommodate everyone who has a special request.

To date, that list includes:

Swamp Pit
Wes Tex
Baldwin Butt Burners
Good Smoke BBQ

If there is anyone that I have left out, please contact me asap.

Eric

What constitutes a special request? With "repositioning" will there be power issues, or other issues we need to consider?

Also, just a bump on the pot luck question - Kim and Greg have both asked about details :)

What constitutes a special request? With "repositioning" will there be power issues, or other issues we need to consider?

Also, just a bump on the pot luck question - Kim and Greg have both asked about details :)

Last year there was a pot luck early on Friday, say 6 or 7ish if I remember right. Nothing formal last year on Saturday though there were rumblings of doing some sort of seafood boil this year. I think we just need someone to make an official suggestion. Pot luck/seafood boil just following the cooks meeting at the biggest site that will allow us? What say ye?

Sayvilles pot luck has always been a "Yeah its happening.....somewhere....sometime."

So I figure we'll just cook and see who eats.

The potluck is by and for the teams (mostly).

What I would recommend is that it take place at 8:00 pm at the picnic tables in Gilette Park.

For the past two years I have tried to make something and failed due to handling a thousand and one loose ends. If I can break that trend, I'm going to make armadillo eggs and maybe a cucumber salad.

Eric

Update

LI Smoke Wood is a wood wholesaler and retailer in Riverhead that will deliver wood to the event.

They have good prices and a large variety (including wine barrels, cherry, black cherry, apple, peach and grape wood).

I would suggest working together with other teams to split an order if that helps with pricing or minimums.

You can contact them via their website

http://www.lismokewood.com/index.php

Eric

Just as a heads up, there is a Restaurant Depot on the same road as the event. They should have plenty of briskets, ribs, pork butts and chicken.

There are also a number of nice fishmongers in the area if anyone is doing fish for the grilling. South Bay Seafood is near the Restaurant Depot and they are huge. There are a couple of others actually in the town.

Eric

Update

In addition to the BGE and other prizes, the winner of the Grilling competition will receive free entry to the 2010 Grillin' on the Bay.

I will follow up with dates, locations and other details asap.

Eric

Timzcast

Looking good so far :biggrin:

Friday, Oct 23

Shorts.jpg

TimzFeel®: Shorts weather

Friday Night, Oct 23
Shorts.jpg

Satruday, Oct 24
Shorts.jpg

Saturday Night, Oct 24
Shorts.jpg

Sunday, Oct 25
Shorts.jpg

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Not to complain, but your forecast is less than comprehensive.

It's coming up a bit short(s)!

Ha! See what I did there? Because you had used... eh, forget it.

Eric

Update

Hello,

The GC of the BBQ portion of the Battle of the BBQ Brethren will receive free entry to the 2010 Hudson Valley Ribfest. I'm relatively sure that there will be some restrictions (ie. doesn't pass down, can't be sold, etc). I'll follow up when I have more information.

We appreciate the continued friendship and support of our friends from the Hudson Valley Ribfest.

Eric

There's a lot of nice goodies being tossed to the winner. I likey a lot. Maybe next announcement winner will get the worlds biggest grill????

Team List?

Hey Eric:

Can you post a list of the teams competing at Sayville?

Thanks,
Tom

Ed-'Que-Cators BBQ
Northport, NY

Back