THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I didn't see anything on there about the firewalkers Saturday night?

I didn't see anything on there about the firewalkers Saturday night?

The crew responsible for the hot coals has yet to announce their participation in the event and may still be procuring the necessary spirits to facilitate the expected outcome. Also last years champion firewalker Brendan from Transformer will not be back to defend his crown.

The crew responsible for the hot coals has yet to announce their participation in the event and may still be procuring the necessary spirits to facilitate the expected outcome. Also last years champion firewalker Brendan from Transformer will not be back to defend his crown.

That sucks. Perhaps we can persuade the Pollocks to come out of retirement and bring back the midnight junkie olympics from 2007. See how long it takles to run the junkie out of your site while answering questions like "So you all are traveling carnival people?"

Just as a heads up, there is a Restaurant Depot on the same road as the event. They should have plenty of briskets, ribs, pork butts and chicken.

There are also a number of nice fishmongers in the area if anyone is doing fish for the grilling. South Bay Seafood is near the Restaurant Depot and they are huge. There are a couple of others actually in the town.

Eric

And now as a KCBS member you can get your very own Restaurant Depot card. That's right membership benefits.

That sucks. Perhaps we can persuade the Pollocks to come out of retirement and bring back the midnight junkie olympics from 2007. See how long it takles to run the junkie out of your site while answering questions like "So you all are traveling carnival people?"

Now that's funny. I remember that well. Watch out for the "biker", too.

No annual fee that I know of at RD.
I have been using a 'borrowed' card for some time now but signed up yesterday after I got the news and was "approved" pending the ability to provide the tax ID number and probably the KCBS membership card.
I believe the number info will be made available soon.

Update

We need some help.

If you are:

1) going to be at the event
2) are comfortable talking to the public
3) willing to lend a hand

we could use your help. We need a few people who would be willing to lead a 'walking tour' of the competition for people off the street who don't know burgers from briskets when it comes to BBQ.

If you could donate about 20 - 30 minutes of your time, it would be great. We would like to have these tours scheduled for 11:00 am and then every two hours until 5:00 pm.

General topics would be

1) What are standard BBQ foods (ribs, briskets, pork (chopped and pulled), chicken, cracklin', sausage etc.).
2) The differences between BBQ and Grilling.
3) What sort of equipment is used.
4) How BBQ competition works.

If any teams would be willing to be destinations (not during turn-in times) please let us know.

If anyone is willing to lead tours, let us know.

Thanks!

Eric

Update

Fairly Current Team List

Swamp Pit
Ma's Que Crew
Ernie's BBQ
Up in Smoke
Smoker's Lounge BBQ
Smokopolis BBQ
Team BigBarryQ
Smokin' Irish
Bad Ass Competition BBQ Team
BBQ's Brothers
Barkburners
Smokenstein and his Smokin Bride
TNT Dynamite BBQ
Smokehouse Rules
Smoke In Da Eye
Ideal Prime Meats
Grim Reaper Smokers
Green Mountain Smoke Shack
Ed-Que-Catori BBQ
Sit.Smoke.Good Piggie/Good Piggie BBQ
Smoke on Wheels
Long Island Porkers
Pit Posse
Out of the Ashes BBQ
Jim Dandy's
ZBQ
Smokin' Aces
The T Smoke & the Revolutions
Cue's Your Daddy!
Westex BBQ
Grills Gone Wild NY
Baldwin Butt Burners
Chubby Hubby BBQ
Smokin Hoggz BBQ
Meat at Slims
Sweet Chicken
Good Smoke BBQ
Blazin' Nuttz BBQ
Early Mornin' Smokin'
Beef Rubbers
Babylon GrillBillies
Hot Dawg Truck Team BBQ
Brothers in Smoke
OC Pig Assassins

We need some help.

If you are:

1) going to be at the event
2) are comfortable talking to the public
3) willing to lend a hand

we could use your help. We need a few people who would be willing to lead a 'walking tour' of the competition for people off the street who don't know burgers from briskets when it comes to BBQ.

If you could donate about 20 - 30 minutes of your time, it would be great. We would like to have these tours scheduled for 11:00 am and then every two hours until 5:00 pm.

General topics would be

1) What are standard BBQ foods (ribs, briskets, pork (chopped and pulled), chicken, cracklin', sausage etc.).
2) The differences between BBQ and Grilling.
3) What sort of equipment is used.
4) How BBQ competition works.

If any teams would be willing to be destinations (not during turn-in times) please let us know.

If anyone is willing to lead tours, let us know.

Thanks!

Eric
add me to the list...:biggrin: We could be a destination as well.

Back