BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Phil
Its time ladies to open the discussion for Bash 04... or maybe i should say "Bashes."

First cut that I am laying on the table is Summer Bash at Brethren Mecca, Long Island NY, June 25, 26, 27 and then Fall Bash at Parrotheads In Northern Illinois, the week or 2 after labor day.

Dates are tentative. As we have in the past we will work with everyone to find agreeable dates.

answer the Poll so we can get a feel for attendance counts. I'm opening the floor for discussion so......

Lets Discuss. :lol:

That's in Northern Illinois, Phil Not St. Louis. 4 hour difference. Might as well call it Chicago, cause that's where people would have to fly into.

Looks like your date is set. Just so everyone knows, I am definately hosting one, it's just a matter of what date is best. I am fairly flexible at this point, but 2 weeks after labor day sounds perfect. I have plenty of floor space for crashing, yard space for tents, a couple of couches and a friend with a motorhome that sleeps 6 I think, that we can park in the yard(neighbors will love it).

Greg.
At Phils, I have my own couch and my own bathroom. In exchange for this, you get the sobriety mod, the take the guy to the camper mod, the beer/airport runner mod, and the gift mod.

I want to help you out.

Let me know if my mods will work with your party.

PS. I can get those peanuts in 50# sacks

Well, I am hoping that whenever this happens that you will be able to show up a day before anyone else. If you can get a a day off work. That would definately ensure you the bed. What ya don't want to share a couch with Fred Dog?

50 lb sacks? That would probably just about be right for the bash. 1 of each. I better go start buying toilet paper by the pallet full.

Those dates in June will probably not work for me, cause I will be taking a grad class in wisconsin hopefully... and out of state in september is bad for me as well as I coach football... I will join on webcam for both :)

Put me as tentative. We are talking about NY for a summer vacation but it will be in the Catskills. Not sure I can get back in Illnois, depends on the border gaurd.

Looks like a strong midwest contingent. Probably has something to do with all of those Missourri guys.

parrothead said:
Not sure I can get back in Illnois,
You better make it. I have a special rice dish just for you. You're gonna be here if I gotta pay for airfare.

Lived in Illinois 22 years never been close to Chicago. Go figure.

Location?? Northern Illinois covers a lot of territory.

Are we looking at flying into Chicago - if so, which airport? Also, rental cars or will there be "shuttle" service??

I might be able to make both if I can afford the airfare and avoid a rental car :D Seasonal prices really mess things up.

Chicago midway will be the best place to fly into. During good traffic times it is about an hour from my place. Should be able to do the shuttle thing for the most part, we can look at everyone's schedules and hopefully get by with just one or two runs each way.

Firm up the dates and put me down as tenative!! If it's at all possible I'm going to try and make both!! :D

I'll pick up Mary at Midway for set up day, but with my tall ass, my Sebring is really only a two seater (but Brian would fit in the back seat, maybe Cabo)

I was checking flights yesterday for kicks. Cheaper to fly to Long Island then Chicago. I might just drive, then I cam make a haul of wood. Anyone thinking of going from Texas yell. Figure 14 to 15 hour drive.

What about flying into Rockford?

They are opening that place up to commercial airlines again.

Use to be just cargo.

When the Peotone airport is done, it will be half the time to Gregs.

Hell, you Texas farkers should shuttle a Ritchie Valens turbo prop and land at the County Airport up the road yonder.

Back