THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If you think you would get some enjoyment out of the actual restoration, than I say go for it. I would try to move the price point down though.

A few years ago, I picked-up a early Weber Performer (red-head) at a yard sale for $25. It needed lots of TLC and I soon found out that I wasn't enjoying the work to get it going again and gave up on it. Probably worth the $25.00 for the lesson learned.

Agreed. If you like to tinker then go for it. I am restoring an old Cimarron at the moment. For me, that is part of the fun and specifically why I bought it.

Yea, I've been trying to figure out if I'll enjoy that. I love tinkering, loved building my UDS... I just don't know how to tell if a smoker is too far gone (if that is even such a thing). I guess I'll have to take a look and see how bad the rust is and what not.

$75 may be a bit high looking at the rust. I'd be more of a $40-50 guy. Earlier ones have heavier shelves that would push me towards the $50. Looks decent for an old Bandera. If you like to tinker and do metal work, go for it! I made a lot of good food on mine before I moved up.

Back