Should I pay this much for a new smoker?

sknabnoj

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
Jon
Brethren,
Just came across an ad for a Tejas offset smoker:
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=33824590&cat=&lpid=&search=tejas&ad_cid=1

I've been wanting to get into the stick burning game for a long time but, haven't quite had enough money to dive into a shirley or lang type pit. I haven't really wanted to go with one of the cheap offsets either. What do you guys think about this pit? It's a little smaller than I'd like but, I think it would clean up nice. Just not sure what a fair price is... any Tejas experts out there?

Honestly at that price I would snatch it. Use it and see if you like stick burning and if you don't sell it.

That's a steal! I'd jump on it. If it's not for you, you can sell for as much as you pay for it

That is a deal, I owned a Tejas like that for 15yrs, sold it for more than that. They are good smokers, well made and will last a long time.

It looks like it is in nice shape. $750 would be a great deal if he's firm on his price it's still worth the money.

Definitely buy it. Use it, learn it and have fun. If you don't love it, clean her up and sell it, you should be able to make a couple hundred extra if you get it for that price. Apply that to the savings for the smoker of your dreams!

It's been listed for 25 days , offer $500.00

^^ What he said... In our area (Nevada and Utah) there is minimal market for quality smokers. Almost nobody is willing to spend reasonable money on cookers. With that in mind, as a buyer there is typically VERY little competition.

I have seen some really nice pits go super cheap after a couple months of the seller not getting any calls.

Worth a try... It does look pretty well "broken in" maybe he'll work with you.

I looked real hard at the Tejas before I bought my Lang. From what I've heard their reputation is solid and seem like a pretty good company. I still wouldn't mind buying one down the road if I can talk my financial advisor, I mean my wife into getting another smoker.

Back