Bandera Restoration - is it worth it?

If you think you would get some enjoyment out of the actual restoration, than I say go for it. I would try to move the price point down though.

A few years ago, I picked-up a early Weber Performer (red-head) at a yard sale for $25. It needed lots of TLC and I soon found out that I wasn't enjoying the work to get it going again and gave up on it. Probably worth the $25.00 for the lesson learned.

Agreed. If you like to tinker then go for it. I am restoring an old Cimarron at the moment. For me, that is part of the fun and specifically why I bought it.

Yea, I've been trying to figure out if I'll enjoy that. I love tinkering, loved building my UDS... I just don't know how to tell if a smoker is too far gone (if that is even such a thing). I guess I'll have to take a look and see how bad the rust is and what not.

$75 may be a bit high looking at the rust. I'd be more of a $40-50 guy. Earlier ones have heavier shelves that would push me towards the $50. Looks decent for an old Bandera. If you like to tinker and do metal work, go for it! I made a lot of good food on mine before I moved up.

Back