THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Joshw

Babbling Farker
I see fantastic food on this site, every day, but not many deserts. I thought the bacon TD would be a perfect opportunity to bust out something sweet. This is what I came up with.

I started with some Granny Smith Apples.
picture.php

Peeled, diced and cooked with some vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice, cardamom, brown sugar, salt, water, and flour.
picture.php

Topped the pie with a bacon weave.
picture.php

picture.php

I made some Chipotle and Cardamom Bacon Candy. Just brown sugar, chipotle powder, and a pinch of cardamom.
picture.php

Plated with some vanilla ice cream, and a Bourbon Caramel sauce made with sugar, light corn syrup, heavy cream, and bourbon.
picture.php

Reason you don't see many dessert pics is cause we are all on diets...:mrgreen: I showed your finished shot to my wife and she couldn't get over how good that looks then asked me when I was going to make that... Thanks a lot...:wink:

Reason you don't see many dessert pics is cause we are all on diets...:mrgreen: I showed your finished shot to my wife and she couldn't get over how good that looks then asked me when I was going to make that... Thanks a lot...:wink:

Sorry, but if you make her one, I am sure, you both will be happy. I was on a diet too, then I found this site. You guys are such bad influences. Tell your wife, I said thanks for the compliment.

Back