Bacon Apple Pie Ala Mode, with Bourbon Caramel Sauce, and Bacon Candy

Joshw

Babbling Farker
I see fantastic food on this site, every day, but not many deserts. I thought the bacon TD would be a perfect opportunity to bust out something sweet. This is what I came up with.

I started with some Granny Smith Apples.
picture.php

Peeled, diced and cooked with some vanilla, nutmeg, cinnamon, all spice, cardamom, brown sugar, salt, water, and flour.
picture.php

Topped the pie with a bacon weave.
picture.php

picture.php

I made some Chipotle and Cardamom Bacon Candy. Just brown sugar, chipotle powder, and a pinch of cardamom.
picture.php

Plated with some vanilla ice cream, and a Bourbon Caramel sauce made with sugar, light corn syrup, heavy cream, and bourbon.
picture.php

Reason you don't see many dessert pics is cause we are all on diets...:mrgreen: I showed your finished shot to my wife and she couldn't get over how good that looks then asked me when I was going to make that... Thanks a lot...:wink:

Reason you don't see many dessert pics is cause we are all on diets...:mrgreen: I showed your finished shot to my wife and she couldn't get over how good that looks then asked me when I was going to make that... Thanks a lot...:wink:

Sorry, but if you make her one, I am sure, you both will be happy. I was on a diet too, then I found this site. You guys are such bad influences. Tell your wife, I said thanks for the compliment.

When my wife says," Life is short, start with dessert", she was referring to this cook. Awesome job!!

Back